Copperfield's Budget Soil Grow: Girl Scout Cookies, Garden Shed Grow, 2019

I have a sulphur burner on standby for pests although they are a good preventative measure

I have a sulphur burner on standby for pests although they are a good preventative measure
Thx for the link JIm. There was only a few of the little black flies in the flower room, I guessing because it fully sealed and the inlet fan has filter screen.
It’s the makeshift veg section that’s a bigger problem. There’s a few of the little buggers in there.

Right here’s a few pictures of the ladies this morning.
It’s 14 days today that I flipped to 12-12. How do they look? Do you think the light is doing a good enough job?

Catch you ppl later BC

I’ve managed that on 156w...I’ve got 3 50w COB’s with drivers on board on each row, and I’m flowering these 2 GSC on just 1 row.

I will upgrade, I have the bits coming from abroad to finish my 2 row off, but I need to run as little electric as possible due to family restrictions 5 kids cost a fortune so my hobby funds tend to fluctuate lol
I’m just looking for the best way to get great bud for minimum spends.....well at least till I got rid of all the kids anyway . BC

Morning all you happy growers
Looks like I go a pest problem. Fungus gnats I think. Is there anything I can treat the plants with that won’t affect the end result? I’ll take a few pictures soon as the lights flip on.
Diatomaceous Earth, dusted on top of your medium will help.

Fan blowing across the top of the soil helps. Fungus gnats don't fly well.

And these are amazing!
Screenshot_20190629-073301_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Hope that helps...

Diatomaceous Earth, dusted on top of your medium will help.

Fan blowing across the top of the soil helps. Fungus gnats don't fly well.

And these are amazing!
Screenshot_20190629-073301_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Hope that helps...
Thx Preston....I am using the big stick fly pads and they are doing really good around the grow area, but I like the idea of the Diatomaceous Earth on top of the soil. Just had to look it up and it looks great, definitely going to give it a try. Thx for the info mate :thumb:

All clones are now out of the cloner and in small pots.

There’s 6 GSC from the first round of cloning, which are next up in flower

Then there’s 4 more GSC taken a short while later.

Then there is the one Bruce Banner taken

Everything at the moment is just tfine. Even the Sour Orange Auto is trying a come back :D

23B5FEF1-25AF-4E88-97F7-555334B3462E.jpeg

I’ll have more Monday after a day off.
Happy growing ppl :ganjamon: BC

What ?? Modified sheds you say??? I am there, looking for some ideas on filter/fan location in my in construction modified shed... Looking good .... Green days all, P-dub.... Man you flipped early.. Needing meds?? Or is that just your method ?? Inquiring minds want to know, well at least me... LOL
Hi Mad, yeah to be honest its all come together a bit quick. The space is still being constructed, and I sort of had a plan, then real life got in the way for a few weeks and put me on the back foot, which is never good when trying to learn as you go.
The early flip was kind of forced on by myself, with all this being new, and me learning from videos and threads and other resources, I was kinda worried the flower light wasn't going to work, weather id built it wrong or made some mistake or it wont be intense enough for quality bud or something. For me being in the UK, low key and low cost are everything, so electric cost was up most in my thoughts when building the flower light. At the moment at peak time when everything is running, and with 1 row (156w) running on flower light, my total electric consumption for my entire grow is 500w, and that obviously drops when lights go out.
Now for me its just a waiting game to see if the bud gains weight, then i'll know a bit more.

Well nute burn is just a guess, it could be the start of a deficiency. what are you feeding them and are you giving them full strength doses? you could tone down the feed for a while and see if it clears up, if it gets worse then the girls probably are deficient in something.
I`m no expert though, i`ve managed to wing it till now lol

Back
Top Bottom