Copperfield's Budget Soil Grow: Girl Scout Cookies, Garden Shed Grow, 2019

...Hey Copper, what is your cloning method.?? I see the wool part, but what do you use for gel or powder ??? I know you are switching to Hydro, to much of a pain in the ass for me, but does well for lots of people... I would make one small suggestion, and I hesitate to give advice.. I would shorten your cuttings down to a manageable 3 to 4 inch max... Not saying that the larger cuttings are a problem just because they are large, but smaller ones do better with the hydro cloning method from what I have experienced.. Clones are really not supposed to be watered in the grow vessel, they should be sprayed topically 3 to 5 times a day in a contained higher RH container such as a plastic dome.. They will form root system typically with in 10 to 21 days at a much higher success rate... My success rate is high, others are higher, buy mine is in the 95 % area... To say I do very well for ME, with my method.. As with all advice, and learning, a person has to do their own investigation on the subject, and decide how whatever you are learning or taking advice on works for YOU in YOUR grow.. Everyone's grows are unique to that person, with some basics for all mixed in... Green days bro... and to all

...Hey Copper, what is your cloning method.?? I see the wool part, but what do you use for gel or powder ??? I know you are switching to Hydro, to much of a pain in the ass for me, but does well for lots of people... I would make one small suggestion, and I hesitate to give advice.. I would shorten your cuttings down to a manageable 3 to 4 inch max... Not saying that the larger cuttings are a problem just because they are large, but smaller ones do better with the hydro cloning method from what I have experienced.. Clones are really not supposed to be watered in the grow vessel, they should be sprayed topically 3 to 5 times a day in a contained higher RH container such as a plastic dome.. They will form root system typically with in 10 to 21 days at a much higher success rate... My success rate is high, others are higher, buy mine is in the 95 % area... To say I do very well for ME, with my method.. As with all advice, and learning, a person has to do their own investigation on the subject, and decide how whatever you are learning or taking advice on works for YOU in YOUR grow.. Everyone's grows are unique to that person, with some basics for all mixed in... Green days bro... and to all
Hi Madd, all advice is welcomed here mate.
My first run on clones was just a normal cutting de leafed a bit, then dipped in rooting gel and then popped into the aero cloner. They rooted in 2 weeks and they went straight into soil. Out of 12 I lost 1. The picture is of my first clone run

Then I made the choice that I wanted to grow hydro on my next grow. So I took 6 cuttings off my Bruce Banner and Critical Orange Punch, then I pre soaked some small rockwool cubes and did my clones as normal. Problem was after few days I noticed a sick clone, turned out to have soggy stem. After asked some questions on here, and getting some fantastic advice off @Barney86 , I found out my cubes were over saturated and shouldn’t really be in my aero cloner. So I took barneys advice and turned sprinkler and bubbles off in cloner, lightly squeezed excess fluid out off cubes and left them. I made a rooting solution to spray on cubes to keep them moist enough and see what happens. And as it happens the first Critical Orange Punch rooted today :)

I see what your saying about the length of the clones. It was really the Bruce Banner clones that were big, I’ll keep an eye on that in the future. How’s things going on with your grow Madd?

And as it happens the first Critical Orange Punch rooted today :)
.. I guess it did, damn nice roots...
.... My grow is progressing at an incredible rate, and I had to gift a few of my autos there is no way I will have enough room in my grow room for all of them.. :( . But they went a needy friend, and a good home... I will be gifting at least 4 maybe 5 more of my quadralined plants, they won't be able to fit either I think.. But again to a good home and such... Looking like you taking off man, and this is gonna be fun to watch for sho.... LOL... Don't really know Barney, but you do need advice from someone who at least grows more than I do in a Hydro setting. I have been a soil grower for coming up on 30 years now, not gonna change now... Green days to ya bro, and to all...

Hi Madd, all advice is welcomed here mate.
My first run on clones was just a normal cutting de leafed a bit, then dipped in rooting gel and then popped into the aero cloner. They rooted in 2 weeks and they went straight into soil. Out of 12 I lost 1. The picture is of my first clone run

Then I made the choice that I wanted to grow hydro on my next grow. So I took 6 cuttings off my Bruce Banner and Critical Orange Punch, then I pre soaked some small rockwool cubes and did my clones as normal. Problem was after few days I noticed a sick clone, turned out to have soggy stem. After asked some questions on here, and getting some fantastic advice off @Barney86 , I found out my cubes were over saturated and shouldn’t really be in my aero cloner. So I took barneys advice and turned sprinkler and bubbles off in cloner, lightly squeezed excess fluid out off cubes and left them. I made a rooting solution to spray on cubes to keep them moist enough and see what happens. And as it happens the first Critical Orange Punch rooted today :)

I see what your saying about the length of the clones. It was really the Bruce Banner clones that were big, I’ll keep an eye on that in the future. How’s things going on with your grow Madd?
Yeah there ya go mate, looks like they're back on track. Give em a few more days to root up before hitting the bubbles back on. Theyll start multiplying like crazy shortly :)

Right here’s pt 2 of today’s update

I have swapped 4 of my GSC clones from my first run from soil to rockwool. They we’re only going to be binned due to having to many so nothing to lose.

If they survive (which is doubtful) they might be the first to flower by hydro, if they don’t it will be the COP.
I’ll keep them moist but not drenched, if they root I’ll set up the res and dripper system and off we go :)

Yeah there ya go mate, looks like they're back on track. Give em a few more days to root up before hitting the bubbles back on. Theyll start multiplying like crazy shortly :)
Thx for the help mate, you saved me some real stress :)
I’ve just swapped 4 soil clones to rockwool, thought it was were a go cuz they would only end up in the bin . Some pics on the journal

Good morning all....

Just a quick update. The clones I took from soil and put into rockwool yesterday have survived the night :) and are looking ok.
Another COP clone rooted through the night so that’s a positive, soon as a few more roots break through on a few of the others I can turn the cloner back on and get them going.
The GSC have had a full feed of Bio Bloom and PK boost and are looking good so far.
I’ve gave a feed to the COP and Bruce Banner I’ve had my clones off, both are still supper healthy.
And lastly the Sour Orange Auto has had a full fed as well. Even with my best attempts to mess it up, she’s still flowering and starting to gather her frost.
I’ll post up some pics of the girls Thursday or Friday, and let you all know if I’ve managed to keep the clones alive lol :)

Happy growing ppl. :ganjamon: BC

Time for a midweek update

I’ll start with the Girl Scout Cookies. They are on day 34 of flower and look good I guess. There’s been no concerns except the slight discolour of some of the leaf tips but hasn’t progressed and it’s not all the leaves.

This is a picture of the 4 50w cobs I’m using for my flowering. 2 have lenses and 2 are using flood light reflector, which will be changed when the GSC are finished.

Next are the clones. I’ve lost another Bruce Banner which leaves me with 3. And the 6 Critical Orange Punch are good, 2 of them have rooted.

Next are the 4 Girl Scout Cookies I swapped from soil and put in rockwool. They are doing good and showing no real signs of any problems.

Lastly is the Sour Orange Auto. It’s still going and I have no idea when it’ll be done. I’ll just have to keep my eye on it.

I’ll have a few more pictures towards the end of the week ppl

Yo Copperfield, those plants are very happy! :high-five::morenutes:

Hiya all....Just a quick update.

The 2 GSC are on day 37 of flower, they’ve had a feed today....
10ml of Bio Bloom and 2ml of PK boost.

They look good I think and I’ve still had no issues as yet. Only half way through flowering so hopefully they’ll gain some weight towards the end.
Changed the veg section a bit to get ready for me changing to hydro. I took 6 more clones from my Critical Orange Punch mother, and then sent her to the big composter in the sky :) I’ve already got a clone to replace her.

Here’s the cloner now, with 2 Bruce Banner and 4 Critical Orange Punch that have rooted, and the 6 new COP clones.

I’ve swapped the 4 GSC clones I took from soil and put in rockwool, and got them ready for the dripper system. I’ll just be top hand feeding them for now.

Lastly there’s the Sour Orange Auto that’s still throwing out hairs and looking healthy.

I’ll post up again later on this week.
Happy growing ppl :ganjamon: BC

Wow, Copper love the way you keep your train moving... Something in every stage, nice... If I can ask a question, How long has the Sour Orange been going, and where did you get it ??? Just curious really, but seems kinda open for a mature auto.. I am not one to grow many autos normally, but gotta fill in with some for now and was trying to pick some winning strains based on production and such... Green days.... Love what you got going, good example of a beginning of a perpetual...

Wow, Copper love the way you keep your train moving... Something in every stage, nice... If I can ask a question, How long has the Sour Orange been going, and where did you get it ??? Just curious really, but seems kinda open for a mature auto.. I am not one to grow many autos normally, but gotta fill in with some for now and was trying to pick some winning strains based on production and such... Green days.... Love what you got going, good example of a beginning of a perpetual...
Hiya Madd, how’s it going mate? Thx, I’m aiming for a perpetual grow if I can keep everything alive through the winter months.
It’s a Sour Orange Auto, and it’s been in from seed since mid April. I think it’s just grown weird because of my lack of knowledge at the start. It’s been repotted twice and dropped, and I also started it off in the wrong container which practically stopped its growth for 2-3 weeks, but it’s still going.
Thx again mate, I’m just learning as I go. There’s still loads to do but I’ll get there :)

Morning all,

We’re having some sort of mini heat wave here in the middle of the Uk. Going to be a balmy 30 degrees today and the plants are loving it :)
Just a quick update on the hydro system build. I’ve got the dripper system set up and ready to go. Just need to add air stones and nutes .

I’ll keep top feeding them for a week or so then set the dripper system on a timer. I’ve also topped all 4 plants to open them out and slow them down a little. The flower room won’t be available for 4 to 5 weeks. Soon as the 4 COP clones are ready they’ll join the 4 GSC on the dripper tray.
I’ll post some pictures the weekend and let you all know how the shed grow is getting on.
Happy growing ppl :ganjamon:

Just a quick update....

I lost all the new clones I took 5-6 days ago....heat is crazy here at the minute, Over 30 degrees in the shed and I’ve done all I can do to control it. I’ll post up the weekend and let you know how everything has got on with this little heat wave we have going on.
Happy growing ppl :ganjamon: BC

Hey Copperfield, hope you're doing well and keeping cool in the heat!
Sorry to hear about the clones - they're so sensitive when we're trying to get them rooted. Cold or hot they don't like it!
Other than that your gardens looking fantastic. I love the look of your drip system, nice and simple.
:high-five::morenutes::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom