Fanleaf's 1st Grams Per Watt Grow Under The 25 Cree COBS

Looking good fanleaf. I am jealous of that cob set up, especially all the cool little displays. I built a 600W eight 4000k board build with 66W of Cree
Xpe- photo red.
420-magazine-mobile1974164788.jpg

Looking good fanleaf. I am jealous of that cob set up, especially all the cool little displays. I built a 600W eight 4000k board build with 66W of Cree
Xpe- photo red.
Shiggity. Now that is some fine craftsmanship right there! Those Xpe's have caught my eye several times while making build plans. In a few of my later builds I opted to add a few 90 CRI chips that peak in 660nm just to stick with the cobs but dang those look good on that light of yours.
I would guess that sinse you went with 4000k on the white those Xpe's are adding all of that missing red so that makes perfect sense to me.
Kind of just what I do with my arrays really, with my 5000k/3000k chips.
Very nice man. That thing belongs on a magazine cover lol.

Xpe- photo red.
Taking a second look Im glad to see you also left the middle with no board at all. I always try to stress to people to have their lights laid out to congregate more to the outside because the center will always be the hot spot. Gotta fill the edges and the center will take care of itself. I bet your light has pretty darn even par coverage from end to end.

I haven't checked with a light meter yet for even coverage. Gotta get one. But these sunboard240 panels are rocking. I know you had the same experience turning on your cobs for the first time. You feel like you have been growing in the dark before this!

The panel is 43" wide so it's great in a 4x4. And the reds are spaced evenly to cover a 4x4 but pushed a little outwards so the overlap is less in the center.

Yeah I figured the center is always the hotspot and extra light there is often detrimental. The panels are warm but not hot to the touch. I am running them at 2.1A (75w each) and about 1.85lm/w!

I am going to build several more. I want to add blues and far red on a separate dimmer and hook them all up to a hurricaneX controller. This stuff is so fun!

Have you seen rapids modular frame? Very cool.

Xpe- photo red.

Wow - That light is awesome, Shiggs. Have you used the light in a grow, yet? Very professional looking. Have you ever thought about a start-up company in designing and building lights for cannabis growers?

Wow - That light is awesome, Shiggs. Have you used the light in a grow, yet? Very professional looking. Have you ever thought about a start-up company in designing and building lights for cannabis growers?

Thank you Maineiac! I am using it right now to help finish my plants but then after I will use it for a dedicated grow.

This diy light would be hard for a company to make. They simply can't afford to ship such a light. It is 43" wide. A commercial version would have to be more sealed as well. But yeah it kicks major ass so thank you!!!

I hope the rest looks good to go tomorrow....Im getting anxious. I had the better half help me trim on the last day to help get it done so it was a decent amount. I think it may need 1 more day though.

I want to be one of the first to congratulate you Fan, that is such a badass milestone. Such props man!!! Reps!

Thanks Shiggity. I really never did a grow with the purpose of grams per watt before this. I mean I've usually done every grow the best I could to get everything I could out of it but never with only that purpose. My honest opinion is that a grams per square foot grow is maybe more valuable but what this grow is plainly showing is that a good veg time along with decent plant training can sure do an efficient job.
I think getting a par of about 700 at the canopy with the lights way close to the plants is about right for a gpsf grow.
Soon though I do want to crank the lights up on a grow and just see how much I can pull from the grow room for a grams per foot grow. That would be fun too. :high-five:

Smoke report on both strains;

Money Maker
The first thing I will say about this strain is you can't hide it if you wanted to. This stuff smells like skunk piss through 3 layers of ziplocks! No exaggeration. I put an oz in a single zip, had it in my truck (doors and windows seal good) while as I was at a family members house. Walked out to the driveway 2 hours later and standing at my tailgate it was like I had it in my pocket!!! Stinky stinky!

The buds are pretty dense, good sized and when you give one a pinch you get plenty of terpy citrus/piney aroma but also something like.... uhhhh.... I want to say hazelnut? lol

Initial taste is good. It's smooth. Really not a whole lot to say but a great all around weed from looks to taste. It's a heavy smoke and maybe a bit fruity but mostly earthy I guess.

It's one to smoke when you want to relax though. It hits within 1-2 minutes and pretty damn hard too. I feel it mostly in my knees. When my knees start to hurt this is a good I will go to no doubt! It makes my knees feel like they are throbbing lightly but no pain..Does that make sense?

The buzz lasts a fair amount of time too.

All in all I would definitely grow this again. As a matter of fact, the few seeds I have lest will be going in the breeding tent so I can make more of them.

Smoke report on both strains;

Money Maker

The buds are pretty dense, good sized and when you give one a pinch you get plenty of terpy citrus/piney aroma but also something like.... uhhhh.... I want to say hazelnut? lol

Initial taste is good. It's smooth. Really not a whole lot to say but a great all around weed from looks to taste. It's a heavy smoke and maybe a bit fruity but mostly earthy I guess.

It's one to smoke when you want to relax though. It hits within 1-2 minutes and pretty damn hard too. I feel it mostly in my knees. When my knees start to hurt this is a good I will go to no doubt! It makes my knees feel like they are throbbing lightly but no pain..Does that make sense?

The buzz lasts a fair amount of time too.

All in all I would definitely grow this again. As a matter of fact, the few seeds I have lest will be going in the breeding tent so I can make more of them.

Hazelnut is a good description, but for any one who has been to Hawaii and cracked a fresh macadamia, that's it exactly. For me it starts in the shoulders and eventually relaxes all the way down to my toes. Smoke enough of it, put your legs up and you're not going any where anytime soon so think ahead and get your munchies before you toke. Macadamia chocolate chip cookies might set it off nicely.

Well, Im on the 2nd bag of sticks tonight and this is the final one for the harvest. 2 bags about like this...
420-magazine-mobile207053570.jpg
Let them go a few extra days over the weekend because the rh was up a bit more. Anyways Ill get the last of it stripped and weighed now.

Back
Top Bottom