InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

WOW! That was mean! :(
Sorry you took it that way @Schnookie.

It was not meant to be mean, it was meant to be humorous.

Please forgive me. Just like real comedians, we "wanna' be" comedians walk a fine line. :)

(I can't believe this shit. He scares the shit outta' me and now I'm apologizing to him! :straightface:)

That last line was intended to be humorous too, Schnook! 😁

Quickie Wednesday and the last of the Candida pollen updates!

I took Stunger's advice and baked the silica balls in the toaster oven, but I went hotter and longer after doing some research online. I might have left them a bit long because they got a little toasted looking, but I plowed ahead with the plan.

Here are the vials for the pollen, a funnel because the tops of the vials are really narrow, and an extra vial to hold the leftover baked balls:

And here are the results (there are silica balls buried in there):

The final collection was really quite a haul!

One of each went into the fridge and the other two went into the freezer in case one method turns out better than the other.

That's it for me today! :ciao:

Quotes:

I have one but I just hand-hold everything except trichome pics. It's hard to see what's really in focus on the screen, so my macro technique is to put the camera in the macro mode and set the focus to the minimum distance. Then I move in close enough to be able to tell it's too close and start shooting pics as I slowly pull the phone back away from the subject until it's definitely out of focus again.

At that point I just enlarge each pic and delete the blurry ones until I find the best of the lot. Takes longer to explain than do!

Families: can't live with 'em and can't shoot 'em! Whenever you start a new grow drop a link to it in the last journal please. :)

I wish I knew. I think my internal clock is running a bit faster than the rest of me these days, kind of an internal frantic? :hmmmm:

Yes ma'am! So far so good. 🤞

I had to pay $50 for a new reflector for the minivan, but the bollard was unscathed. I woulda sworn those things were plastic these days to prevent car damage.

I don't think I knew what they were called until my British wife called them bollards! Turns out the other name for them is “barrier posts,” but that's more syllables.

It was the CapJunky I tipped over as I would never tip over a sponsored plant. :laugh:

Luckily it's doing fine and dandy!

Today is flip day 39, and I don't really know how long the seeds will take to mature as every plant is different. The last hand pollination I did (on that larf bit I showed) was flip day 31. I figure the plant will go at least 70 days in flower (June 1st), so that makes it almost 7 weeks for those to mature. Most folks say at least 4-5 weeks so I should be good.

At some point the seeds break out of the calyxes so we'll get a better look when they do. 👀
Sorry to hear about your Father, Shedster, dementia is a horrible disease. I lost my Pops to lung disease. 50+ years of Pall Mall unfiltered had it so he couldn’t walk 10’ without being breathless. CL🍀.

Okay, I've decided that when I post the Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy updates I'll post the other updates right after so you don't have to come back later. I don't meant to create extra work for you!

Thursday (day 9) and the PGC got its first nutes this morning. I gave it around 1.25g/gallon of MC and I leave some water down at the bottom of the cup to keep the escaping roots from drying out (it's got a lot of those already). Here it was this morning before the sun broke through the clouds:

Note the improved plant label!

SaugaView®:

It's doing exactly what a 9 day old plant should do, so let's hope it continues along those lines! :slide:

:thanks:

And just a couple of update pics of the CapJunky on day 6:

Not sure what the story is with the upturned cotyledon, but that happened a couple of nights ago. :hmmmm:

And for those worried about the escaping/replanted tap root, it seems to be branching out well:

In Candida seed news, I've been spraying the plant with water (with the hose on "mist) every 3 or 4 days to try to keep the PM at bay without doing anything else. I figured that was the least stressful to the plant so we'll see how it goes. I don't have to worry about the pistils going brown anyway!

Also, it's on 5.5g/gallon MC equivalent and it takes about half a gallon a day.

That's it from me. Not all that interesting but it's mostly a waiting game all around at these stages!

:ciao:

Quotes:
They said that it was a 4.1 so thankfully not a powerful one. But still it’s not something that you would want in your neighborhood. Wishing you n your crew all the best Shedster. CL🍀.
Thanks Captain! We have a fault line that runs not all that far from our house, but on the plus side...no tornadoes. :thumb:
Pollen is looking wonderful Shed! Nice work!
Thank you Otter, I hope it gets the job done!
Nice funnel , and the pollen looks real good . That is quite a bit ,more than i thought you would get ..
It was more than I was expecting but those vials are actually pretty small as well. Thanks sb!
WOW! That was mean!
I certainly understand your reaction, but I'm pretty sure GDB was kidding around.
Sorry you took it that way @Schnookie.
It was not meant to be mean, it was meant to be humorous.
Please forgive me. Just like real comedians, we "wanna' be" comedians walk a fine line.
(I can't believe this shit. He scares the shit outta' me and now I'm apologizing to him! )
That last line was intended to be humorous too, Schnook!
Thanks for straightening that out GDB. :Namaste:
Sorry to hear about your Father, Shedster, dementia is a horrible disease. I lost my Pops to lung disease. 50+ years of Pall Mall unfiltered had it so he couldn’t walk 10’ without being breathless. CL🍀.
Thank you Captain, and I'm sorry to hear that about your dad. Cigarettes really can be coffin nails like they say. My dad died in May of 2020 at an assisted living place at 95, and whatever finally did him in, it was definitely his time to go. And my mother was a Pall Mall smoker when I was growing up, but I convinced her to stop in the late 60s when I was less than 10 years old. I guess I was either very convincing or much cuter then. Luckily she never suffered any negative effects, but she didn't make it past 79 for other reasons. Been 20 years now. :(

Oh, I do want to shout out to all the terrific folks on the site who helped me through my dad's passing back then. You were amazing in your care and concern. :peace:

Not sure what the story is with the upturned cotyledon, but that happened a couple of nights ago. :hmmmm:
Just can't admit you knocked her over again, huh? 😁

I'm just kidding everyone!

1.25g MC already....interesting. start em young
I start 'em on nutes when the second set of fans are fully in (or almost fully ;) ). That's where a lot of the early growers I followed here would start and I went with it. I've never burned a young plant that way, and I find it difficult to recover from deficiencies if they start early. My veg target is 4.5g/gal and I usually get there by the time the plants are about 2-3 weeks old depending on growth rate.
Your CJ look good and healthy the cotyledon is not a problem, is it? The roots are reaching out which is a good thing. 🍋
Thanks Keith, and I wish I took a pic of the roots on the Purple Ghost Candy...they're crawling out of the bottom already!

I doubt the curling cot is a problem but it was odd to see it do that.
Just can't admit you knocked her over again, huh?
No I swear, it did that on its own! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks MedSci!
Just curious about misting? Wouldn't that promote Powder Mildew?
I do have to say it's the mist setting on the hose nozzle, so it's getting gently drenched rather than like from a spray bottle. And I recall reading this:

"Ironically, dry conditions and high humidity are the most favorable conditions for powdery mildew to form. But straight water is its enemy because it washes off the spores before they have time to embed. However, water isn’t something that I promote for control because wet foliage is friend to many other plant diseases."
Source

Since it's outside all day in the wind and sun, I don't worry about what else the moisture might promote, and if it helps a bit with the PM I'll take it!

I start 'em on nutes when the second set of fans are fully in (or almost fully ;) ). That's where a lot of the early growers I followed here would start and I went with it. I've never burned a young plant that way, and I find it difficult to recover from deficiencies if they start early. My veg target is 4.5g/gal and I usually get there by the time the plants are about 2-3 weeks old depending on growth rate.

Thanks Keith, and I wish I took a pic of the roots on the Purple Ghost Candy...they're crawling out of the bottom already!

Thanks MedSci!

I do have to say it's the mist setting on the hose nozzle, so it's getting gently drenched rather than like from a spray bottle. And I recall reading this:

"Ironically, dry conditions and high humidity are the most favorable conditions for powdery mildew to form. But straight water is its enemy because it washes off the spores before they have time to embed. However, water isn’t something that I promote for control because wet foliage is friend to many other plant diseases."
Source

Since it's outside all day in the wind and sun, I don't worry about what else the moisture might promote, and if it helps a bit with the PM I'll take it!
Very clear info at that "Source" you cited about the PM!

Dropping nuggets. All the time. :thanks:

Thanks MedSci!

Source

WooHoo!

I read that adding milk to the spray was a Good preventative measure!

Oops! Nevermind, I think I said that. 😅

Very clear info at that "Source" you cited about the PM!
Dropping nuggets. All the time.
Thanks GDB, I do my best to be informative!
WooHoo!
I read that adding milk to the spray was a Good preventative measure!
Oops! Nevermind, I think I said that. 😅
LOL! Seems vaguely familiar...
Congrats on a 1 Million view thread old timer! Glad to see you are still around and killin it! Hope all is well with you!
Hey Ase, long time no see! All's pretty good here, and I hope for the same at your place. :thumb:

Hey Ase, long time no see! All's pretty good here, and I hope for the same at your place. :thumb:
Doing well. Was just on an LOA as my wife and I just had the birth of our first baby girl. Had some free time and thought I'd pop into the forums and see who was still around! Anyways, glad to see some familiar faces and keep up the good work!

My grandfather had dementia when he died (at 88) and my grandmother had alzheimers at her death (80 something). These are genetic diseases that are all found with relation to the pre-frontal cortex which also includes Bipolar and epilepsy, the former of which my son had when he died and the latter my daughter discovered she has when she started college. Believe me, I know more about this shit than I wish I did. Genetic brain diseases suck balls.💩😖:sorry:

Back
Top Bottom