InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Sunday update on stuff!

First off, the Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy seed split after about 24 hours in the water:

so into the peat puck it went after cutting the bottom open so as not to trap the tap:

Still waiting on the CapJunky, and if that doesn't split by tonight I'm going to take it out of the water, dry it, scuff it, and put it back in.

In pollen news, I shook the STS-sprayed plant over parchment paper this morning, and besides some pollen sacs and a few thrips, this is what I collected:

I used a small paintbrush to apply pollen to any flowers that still had white pistils:

And there weren't many of those around. The ones there were were mostly buried under leaves or other flowers, but I brushed those along with some other random white pistils. This is the remaining pollen for today:

I put the container in the box with the mini dehuey and the hash until the collecting process is complete.

State of the pistils this morning:

And the pollen sacs:

Certainly, and thanks GDB! Here are a couple of STS plant solo pics:

And a full shot of the tent:

About 4 hours after I did the pollinating I put the pistil plant outside in the warm grey but the STS will stay in the tent until it's served its purpose. Then 🪓 .

That's today's news, and I hope your weekend went well!
Wonderful to see... Thank you.
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

Quickie Wednesday and the last of the Candida pollen updates!

I took Stunger's advice and baked the silica balls in the toaster oven, but I went hotter and longer after doing some research online. I might have left them a bit long because they got a little toasted looking, but I plowed ahead with the plan.

Here are the vials for the pollen, a funnel because the tops of the vials are really narrow, and an extra vial to hold the leftover baked balls:

20240501_083357 CD-1 pollen vial prep.jpg

20240501_083357 CD-1 pollen vial prep.jpg

Candida pollen storage preparation
And here are the results (there are silica balls buried in there):

20240501_092352 CD-1 final pollen collection vials.jpg

20240501_092352 CD-1 final pollen collection vials.jpg

Candida pollen collection
The final collection was really quite a haul!

One of each went into the fridge and the other two went into the freezer in case one method turns out better than the other.

That's it for me today! :ciao:
I love the way you've separated the pollen by maturity. Very smart. :thumb: You have truly mastered this. Thank you for sharing with us. :thanks:

Okay, I've decided that when I post the Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy updates I'll post the other updates right after so you don't have to come back later. I don't meant to create extra work for you!

Thursday (day 9) and the PGC got its first nutes this morning. I gave it around 1.25g/gallon of MC and I leave some water down at the bottom of the cup to keep the escaping roots from drying out (it's got a lot of those already). Here it was this morning before the sun broke through the clouds:

Note the improved plant label!

SaugaView®:

It's doing exactly what a 9 day old plant should do, so let's hope it continues along those lines! :slide:

:thanks:
All this is very cool, of course... but right now, I'm like: Where does one get those plant labels? I want some!

Thank You I can go back to sleep now
LOL! 💤
My grandfather had dementia when he died (at 88) and my grandmother had alzheimers at her death (80 something). These are genetic diseases that are all found with relation to the pre-frontal cortex which also includes Bipolar and epilepsy, the former of which my son had when he died and the latter my daughter discovered she has when she started college. Believe me, I know more about this shit than I wish I did. Genetic brain diseases suck balls.
I'm sorry to hear about the run of dementia in your family. I just read an article this morning that a much higher percentage of cases (1 in 6) could actually be hereditary.
I love the way you've separated the pollen by maturity. Very smart. You have truly mastered this. Thank you for sharing with us.
Thanks BudMan, but I'm definitely not a master. I'm glad to share what I've learned though. :thumb:
All this is very cool, of course... but right now, I'm like: Where does one get those plant labels? I want some!
They come with Seedsman seeds it seems. "Come for the seeds, stay for the labels!"
Nevermind... I found them here.
Oh great, thanks for posting that! Haven't had time to get back to answer so I'm glad you got it sorted.

Okay, I'm going to drop a Tuesday update here and then work my way through what I've missed elsewhere on the site. Bear with me as I've got a few things to get through.

First off, I have no idea what's up with the Purple Ghost Candy, which seems to want to be sad and droopy whether I water it or let it dry out. The CapJunky is getting the same treatment and they're only 3 days apart. Here they are on day 14 and 11:

PGC roots day 14:

CJ roots day 11:

If the PGC doesn't turn around soon I might drop another.

Moving on, I mentioned a while back that I was going to resift the old AK-47 160 micron dry ice hash I did last year through a 73 micron bag, so I did that this weekend. I pulled the 160m hash from the dehuey box and I had to break down all those hash pucks I made, so I used the Ninja mini chopper:

That didn't work until I broke them into smaller pieces and do it in batches, but in the end it worked well.

Anyway, after sifting through the 73m bag I got this (finer hash on the left, remaining hash on the right):

That's 15.8g of 73m hash and 103.9g of 160m hash left behind. For anyone interested in how that maths out, it's a total of 119.7g. I always lose hash that doesn't make it onto the mirror so these percentages are imprecise, but 13% of my starting weight was 73m hash and 87% was 160m hash. I tossed the 160m hash in the green bin and the 73m is in the dehuey box.

Phewf, glad to have finished that explanation! If you're still awake. here are some pics of the "seeded" Candida plant on flip day 45:

Without cracking open a calyx to check, I still have no absolute proof that there are seeds in there. :hmmmm: It's got another three to four weeks before it would normally be harvested, so there's plenty of time to see them split the calyxes and show their faces.

Finally, my local grasshopper on the satsuma tree:

They seem to much prefer citrus as I never see them on my cannabis plants.

That's it for me, and I hope your weekend went well and your weather is sunny and warm!

Thanks for stopping by. :peace:

The PGC looks like she's cowering, perhaps from the sunlight?

To bad about the PGC hope it comes around glad the other 2 seem ok
Okay, I'm going to drop a Tuesday update here and then work my way through what I've missed elsewhere on the site. Bear with me as I've got a few things to get through.

First off, I have no idea what's up with the Purple Ghost Candy, which seems to want to be sad and droopy whether I water it or let it dry out. The CapJunky is getting the same treatment and they're only 3 days apart. Here they are on day 14 and 11:

PGC roots day 14:

CJ roots day 11:

If the PGC doesn't turn around soon I might drop another.

Moving on, I mentioned a while back that I was going to resift the old AK-47 160 micron dry ice hash I did last year through a 73 micron bag, so I did that this weekend. I pulled the 160m hash from the dehuey box and I had to break down all those hash pucks I made, so I used the Ninja mini chopper:

That didn't work until I broke them into smaller pieces and do it in batches, but in the end it worked well.

Anyway, after sifting through the 73m bag I got this (finer hash on the left, remaining hash on the right):

That's 15.8g of 73m hash and 103.9g of 160m hash left behind. For anyone interested in how that maths out, it's a total of 119.7g. I always lose hash that doesn't make it onto the mirror so these percentages are imprecise, but 13% of my starting weight was 73m hash and 87% was 160m hash. I tossed the 160m hash in the green bin and the 73m is in the dehuey box.

Phewf, glad to have finished that explanation! If you're still awake. here are some pics of the "seeded" Candida plant on flip day 45:

Without cracking open a calyx to check, I still have no absolute proof that there are seeds in there. :hmmmm: It's got another three to four weeks before it would normally be harvested, so there's plenty of time to see them split the calyxes and show their faces.

Finally, my local grasshopper on the satsuma tree:

They seem to much prefer citrus as I never see them on my cannabis plants.

That's it for me, and I hope your weekend went well and your weather is sunny and warm!

Thanks for stopping by. :peace:

It looks like that even in the morning having been under the CFL that birthed it, though if it actually can't stand the sun then it's gotta go for that reason alone!

Thanks con! I may upcan it this weekend just to shake it out of its funk. :hmmmm:
I think they are very sensitive to their roots being exposed. I have 3 PGC and the one that is largest with roots coming out the bottom of the pot is droopy.

WooHoo!

The problem with the wilt is Soo Obvious, I am surprised you didn't know!

You didn't give her any sticks like the other one! Sure, she didn't need them, but nowadays you have to give EVERYONE a Trophy!

I bet if you thru a couple in now, she will be just perky tomorrow? ❤️ Call it a HortiSocial experiment!

WooHoo!
The problem with the wilt is Soo Obvious, I am surprised you didn't know!
You didn't give her any sticks like the other one! Sure, she didn't need them, but nowadays you have to give EVERYONE a Trophy!
I bet if you thru a couple in now, she will be just perky tomorrow? ❤️ Call it a HortiSocial experiment!
First thing I'll do when I get home tonight, thanks MedSci! The toothpicks are on the CJ because it was seriously bending in the wind, but the PGC didn't seem bothered. Little did I know there was an emotional issue.
:thumb:

Highya ITS,

I was going to suggest an uppot to see if she'll adjust to better digs. Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom