Keith's Real Second Grow - Banana Jealousy

You changed your mind about using the Maxi duo, Keith?
No but I will start the seedlings off with PB then when I go to full feeding I will use GH Maxi. Do you think it is a bad idea to start with PB. If I knew which 3 I was going to keep I may be able to run the whole grow on PB. Last year I started one plant on PB and finished it with GH Maxi Bloom. except for the rot the plant looked great at first. 🍋

Banana Jealousy are coming along nicely because I look at them all the time they do not look like they are getting any bigger.

F8B7D8D4-FFBE-4783-BC19-23969591D157.jpeg
LOL, you and I both on that point. A watched plant never grows.....
I went to putting a cut wooden skewer into the solo cup and marked it in black marker where the top of the plant was that day. Did your grandma have a growth ruler written on the door frame to measure you as you grew? Mine did. :laugh:
Now I can see the growth. ;-)

No but I will start the seedlings off with PB then when I go to full feeding I will use GH Maxi. Do you think it is a bad idea to start with PB. If I knew which 3 I was going to keep I may be able to run the whole grow on PB. Last year I started one plant on PB and finished it with GH Maxi Bloom. except for the rot the plant looked great at first. 🍋
Bad idea. No. But I'm not sure why you would do that rather than start them on the feed you intend to use for the duration of the grow. I'm sure you have your reasons and, I'm not the critical type so I'll just sit back and watch!

I just asked because I intend to keep you updated on any useful info. I learn from using the Maxi duo. I was just wondering whether to keep that goal in mind or not (depending on if you're going with PB).

Thanks, GDB The only reason for using the PB is because I have it, I wish I had enough to do the whole grow in PB. I will be using GH Maxi as soon as I have a second set of leaves. If you know me, I have a hard time making my mind up. But GH is it for the long haul. :green_heart: 🍋

I am going to use 1/2 of what PB calls for like 1 ml per gallon. 🍋
Allegedly...the seedling lives off the cotyledons for the first couple weeks, but I've always added a little "something" to the soil anyway...I use a few grow dots in the solo cup (1/4"tsp, so 14-16 Grow Dots)
because my back is hurting like hell.
Someone needs to smoke something for the pain....

I have never used grow dots and think i am going to look into them for future grows.
I'm trying them outdoors for the first time- give me a few weeks, and I can tell you if they work or not out there..I know I'll have to supplement them later on, but the first 45 days should be problem-free...or not... :hmmmm:

Thanks, GDB The only reason for using the PB is because I have it, I wish I had enough to do the whole grow in PB. I will be using GH Maxi as soon as I have a second set of leaves. If you know me, I have a hard time making my mind up. But GH is it for the long haul. :green_heart: 🍋
Cool, Keith. I know a few things about having difficulty making up one's mind! :)

Did you get the GH CaliMagi to go along with the Grow and Bloom? Their feeding schedule recommends fairly consistent use of it so you may want to get some. You can get a quart jug on Amazon for $16.

Keith! You journals move so FAST! Im glad your plants are coming around! You got this! Mine were shy also at first! Your pictures are great, don't beat yourself up! I have dabbled in mixing nutrients throughout the grow, with minimal hiccups. Usually nothing if the npk ratio is closer than not. Looking forward to watching your outdoor grow!

Cool, Keith. I know a few things about having difficulty making up one's mind! :)

Did you get the GH CaliMagi to go along with the Grow and Bloom? Their feeding schedule recommends fairly consistent use of it so you may want to get some. You can get a quart jug on Amazon for $16.
Thanks for the reminder on the CaliMag. I can get it at my local grow shop. I will be getting it this week. I know they have it as I saw it the last time I was in the shop. 🍋

Keith! You journals move so FAST! Im glad your plants are coming around! You got this! Mine were shy also at first! Your pictures are great, don't beat yourself up! I have dabbled in mixing nutrients throughout the grow, with minimal hiccups. Usually nothing if the npk ratio is closer than not. Looking forward to watching your outdoor grow!
Thank you @OGpapa I am using such a small amount of PB, the plants most likely do not even know. 🍋

Everything I do I have learned here at 420 and this is my second grow from seeds so I wouldn't say I know much. I am not a good grower or show''er but with the help I get here I may just get some plants that make it to maturity. My secret is a lot of praying and second guessing. 🍋

Back
Top Bottom