Matanuska Valley's Grow Journal

Which Seed Would You Like To See A Grow Journal For?

• Skunk #1 - Possibly Female

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • White Widow - Female

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Skunk Special - Female

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Grapefruit - Female

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well The little things you throw in really do make a difference.

I said your pix are book worthy, so while high I fooled around in this paint thing and made this. (magazine rather).

mvmag.jpg

this looks better then any cover i've ever seen, lol

WOW that does look really nice Hash....! Thanks very much. All my friends loved that bud shot when I took it. They saw the plant, before harvesting and helped me smoke it too. That was some good weed!! :grinjoint:
It will go back in flowering on the 8th. I know my plants like most people know there kids and no, I don't have names for them either lol - but I have been thinking about it LOL......
I only got 12 in flowering now. There is 1 that is in full flowering and it's main COLAS "2 of them" are nice now, but they will get bigger in the next 3 weeks.
My birthday is the 21 of March, I flowered this plant for that reason only and got the timing right :biggrin: it's a white widow...
I will show you all the size of it too. The colas are about the size of a pop can now, and most of them are that big most of the time but not always. The last 2 or 4 weeks they will take a big jump in the size of the buds just before they finish...
Best of all it's a re-veg plant :smokin: I will get better then a OZ off it....
If this is fucked up MRS. MV - Grow Administrator will fix it later on today.
I can't spell worth a fuck so.. Thank GOD for editors and MRS. MV :adore: ....!
Thank you
MV... :smokin:

420_mv2241.jpg

420_mv2261.jpg

those look awsome i cant wait for harvest i planted like 100 outside and on my roof and all over my yard and also my hydro ones are getting nice and fat but they were polinated (big mistake) i thought i wasnt going to have any seeds but then i found some and i was like god damn why did i polinate but i will probably plant some and give them out its my own strain 666

This plant is not ready to cut down yet.
I flowered this plant for my birthday, It will be close but I don't think it will be ready.
I will cut this bitch on the 17th of March so it will be dry by the 21.
This bud will get as big as the pop can...!
If I was to let it go 9 weeks, It is white widow...! :smokin:

420_mv228.jpg

420_mv232.jpg

420_mv331.jpg

That is another great set of pix but now i'm craving a pepsi, you should get paid by the company MV for product placement, lol.

Well i'm still trying to build up the courage to order seeds, can you send them a fake name?

Ok! This is where we are at today in our grow. For the last 4 days of watering, I have been feeding the seedlings Schultz 20-30-20 at 1/4 of what it calls for and also Miracle-Gro 15-30-15 at 1/2 of what it calls for... :hmmmm:
If you use nutrients that are not specifically for seedlings, use half the dosage or less. If you overdose them then the fuckers are DEAD...! :jerkit: You will only fuckup once with seedlings...!
I water more than most people do and there is a very good reson for this and why I do it. I run my rooms hotter then most people do. I try to keep my
Re-veg/seedling room at around 80 to 85 and as much moisture as I can get. And my flowering room I run - lol 80 to 95... :hmmmm: My plants do NOT stand in water at all...... at any time...!
The water will run through my buckets on the floor in to a drain...
I go through 10 to 15 gallons of water per room per week and that is alot...!
The only time my plants dry out, if you call it that is the last 30 days of flowering and that means water ONLY NO NUTRIENTS...!
I cut back on the water and let them dry themselves out. I still water but NOT as much...
In flowering I use ONLY (( Alaska Mor BLOOM 0-10-10 )) as it says on the label more or less ((LMFAO))... :grinjoint:
If you look at the last pic you can see all my plants are tied down and most of them are bigger than the buckets around and there are some around
2 1/2 feet tall. Wait till you see these buds...! :smokin:
The pic Hash did for me is the same plant that plant is my baby, that bitch is 2 years old and the weed will kick your fucking ass....! :adore:
If I fucked this up my editor will be in later to fix it... :grinjoint:

Me and a friend smoked over a 1/4 but close to a 1/2, between the two of us, in 3 hours. We were out Coyote hunting this morning and now I get to go back out for the last 3 hours of light today! lol This is fucking great... another 1/4 to a 1/2! I love this shit! And NO!!... we didnt forget to take all kinds of munchies with us to eat :allgood:
EDITED - MRS MV - Grow Administrator

420_mv2371.jpg

420_mv2311.jpg

MatanuskaValley said:
j842p
I really don't like to talk about my personal life but ok.
Everyday is different I live in a small village here in Alaska 1500 in the winter and 8000 in the summer..
I am a fishing&hunting guide here.
I work when I want and I do other things too.
In the winnter there is nothing to do but grow and smoke and go kill something no matter what it is: deer/bears/sea otters/seals ECT..!
So some of my friends that fish for a living or whatever, that don't do well that year are broke, so we go hunting and fishing on their boats while it's daylight. Right now we get 8 1/2 hours of daylight a day and it's getting longer every day now. We go hunting on snowmobiles or 4 wheelers whatever, anyways it is no less then a 1/4 for 5 hours...(lol)
A day like that would be no less then 1/2oz day..
I don't drink and all my friends are sober, none of them drink but we sure smoke ALOT...!
They're too lazy to grow or there wife will bitch at them ECT...
When they got pot we smoke theirs too,
Ok get the picture we smoke we don't drink it's alot more fun that way and safer too...!
Thank you
Matanuska Valley
Dude, I've been reading your discription of your life...
Now that I'm high...
And it's one of the most beautiful things I have ever read... Honestly... :joint:

No we don't eat them silly. The natives may but we don't, nor is it required to harvest the meat from one. :) Well....remember when I said that all there is to do here is go kill something? Well.....this is one of those things we can harvest to get paid for. And its something I enjoy doing. So........I get to hunt - I get to smoke - AND I am going to get PAID for it too!! Well I would say that life is GOOD!!

Smokey - We'll leave the light on for you!!

MS MV - Grow Administrator

all right all ready on my way lol. but the plants look good i remember when i started growing i messed up and gave my seedlings an overdose so i agree use like 1/4 strength. If you use general hydroponics Flora series nutrients it has a chart that shows how much you should put for seedlings and yes you can use it for soil.

Flowering Period starts 3/8/05
Once the plant has reached the size you want, you can initiate flowering by giving exactly 12 hours of darkness and 12 hours of light per day. Usually the flowers will be ripe for harvest after 7 to 9 weeks.
Flowering is induced when the level of a particular hormone reaches a critical point. This hormone is produced during the dark period (night) and destroyed by light during the day. It is important, therefore, to ensure that the dark period is totally uninterrupted by any light , even a few minutes could disturb this sensitive process and set backs are a real bitch at this stage…!
The flowering tops will continue to grow, in the hope of receiving pollen, for another 4 to 9 weeks and produce more resins as they get older.
Once the lights has been changed to give the plants a 12 hours of darkness, the growth pattern starts to change considerably. In some plants Verticle growth slows considerably. Some plants will grow 2 to 3 feet in flowering and this is what ours will do the first 3 to 5 weeks ours plants will jump from 3” to close to 3 feet, the arrangement of leaves on the stem, known as the phyllotaxy, changes from the usual arrangment of opposing each other, to alternating.
Within a 5 - 7 days the beginnings of flowers start to appear.
Tetrahydrocannibinol (THC) is the psychoactive component of Cannabis. It is produced during the flowering period on the stems, leaves, and vegetation surrounding the flowers, and it is stored in glands which emerge from the surface of the plants.
The flowering areas of the female plants and the small leaves surrounding them contain the most THC. However, all the leaves from the female plant contain retrievable THC. When the plants are mature then they are harvested.
1 pic.Top to bottom to rightside of top photo go's
pinkbucket-Skunk Special 3 weeks old...
greenbucket-Grapefruit seedling 1 week old...
3 middle buckets-Grapefruit 2 buckets are 2 weeks old, & 1 week old...
2 bottom buckets-White Widow 2 weeks old...
2 pic. righthand side 3rd bucket a green one, Re-veg W/W Keep your eye on this 1 and you just might learn something trust me...? :hmmmm:
3 pic. resin crystals LOL you got to love em....! :adore:

Thank you
MV...... :smokin:

420_mv2481.jpg

420_mv2471.jpg

420_mv2661.jpg

420_mv2701.jpg

those buds look spectacular. im waiting on my outdoor sprouts some sproted yesterday im waiting for the first true leaves to take pics.

hey this thread kinda inspired me to start growing and i got a couple questions
1. do you think its possible that the light im using wich is a very powerful work light is going to be too powerful for my plant

2 i put the seeds in a wet paper towel till they start to grow a tail how long does that usually take?

3. after i plant the seed do i give it light 24/7 ......and when do i start giving it 12 hours light 12 hours with no light?

Monkee420 said:
hey this thread kinda inspired me to start growing and i got a couple questions
1. do you think its possible that the light im using wich is a very powerful work light is going to be too powerful for my plant

2 i put the seeds in a wet paper towel till they start to grow a tail how long does that usually take?

3. after i plant the seed do i give it light 24/7 ......and when do i start giving it 12 hours light 12 hours with no light?

1. Lighting
Lumens diminish very quickly. That is why it is important to keep the lamp at least 18 inches from the top of the plants.
Although this is the best distance for maximum performance, I use 400 watt lamps MH & HPS should generally be kept 18 inches from the plants, 600 watt lamps should be 24 inches above the plants, 1000 watt lamps it is best to keep the light 24-30 inches above the plants. Even though these are the recommended distances from plant tops, make sure to check the temperature often because you will kill them if you get it too close. Too close usually means too hot and it WILL burn them. If it is too hot at the plant tops then increase the distance of the light from the top of the plants and add more air flow to the room or cabinet.
Monkee420 you didn't say what kind of light bulb you have because it may not work for growing even tho it is a very powerful work light....! It is good that you are asking questions - The only dumb question is the ONE you never ask. It is better to be informed.
There are alot of good growers in here at 420 just ask BRO...!

2 to 5 days Germinating Seeds.
First I soak my seeds for 8 to 12 hours in darkness in clear glass jars in
2 inches of water and put it in a warm spot 70 to 80 is ideal temperature but not hotter then 80...!
Water is essential here, for as soon as the seed has absorbed a sufficient amount of water, the seed begins to form the root system. Next I put it in paper towels and then put it back in it's warm spot .
This is where it breaks through its shell. There are various possibilities for the process of germinating....
Pre-soaking - Paper towles work best for me, Put the seeds on paper towels and then put a layer of Paper towles on top of the seeds., Then put the seeds back in darkness and the environment remains moist at all time but not standing water..! Check the seeds every day, sprinkle the paper towles if necessary and carefully transplant the seeds when they open and the tip of the root becomes visible 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
When all this above is accomplished we will be ready to plant OUR seeds...

3. Lighting
With excellent growing conditions,
YOU SHOULD GET 1/2 - 1 1/2 inches a day if not more...!
Your plants should be given 22 - 24 hours of light per day.
This allows the plant to grow continuously until it reaches the desired size.

If you would go back through my thread more of your questions may be answered.

Thank you
MV... :smokin:
MY editor will be in later today to fix my fuckups.....
Mrs. MV - Grow Administrator :adore: :laughtwo:

damn matanuska your fuckin good man and thx for all that info its greatly apreciated i cant wait to start my first grow im real excited

Back
Top Bottom