Olddog Newtrick's Seedsman, Banana Jealousy, SIP/Quadline Comparative Grow

That will help. I would still put some support under the branches farther out, pushing the support up just a hair, to relieve stress toward that center.
That would be difficult taping job at the split. Could be done I suppose....but I like the supports better in this case.
Fingers crossed for ya!
Ok, I’ll put a skewer all the way to the bottom of the bucket and tie those up so there is no weight on the area.. thanks everyone!

Well, hopefully that removes any stress off em.

IMG_3434.jpeg

IMG_3435.jpeg

Keep in mind, we cannot do any kind of physical prizes or anything like that if we do this. It would be against the guidelines.
It would be for bragging rights only, and just the helluva fun of it.
That’s one of the presses I’ve been eyeballing
Just not sure if I want to do a press or the magic butter machine.

I guess you would have to decide if you want an edible more than a vape most often. Rosin will last longer than treats made with MB, but I'm also an edible fan from way back. LOL
I guess you could do vapes with either but, the magic butter machine seems to make it easy.. not sure on quality though
I have no doubt I’ll end up with both but, trying to decide which one first.. lol

I guess you could do vapes with either but, the magic butter machine seems to make it easy.. not sure on quality though
I have no doubt I’ll end up with both but, trying to decide which one first.. lol
Walmart carries the MB machine now, watch for a sale!
I have three MB machines, won during member of the month contests way back. I use them a lot and not just for butter! I wish they were still a sponsor here.

There ya go! That should work great. :)
I always have trouble with the ties sliding up/down those skewers on me because they're so smooth. I've gone to putting notches in them to stop the wire or bread tie.
Yeah, I’m concerned about that as well.. I wanted to be able to adjust it up if the plant grows but I also don’t want it sliding down and letting the split open…

Avoiding a split like that late in the grow is the primary reason I supercrop my branches first when training. That moves the stress point out slightly on the branch and causes a knuckle which further strengthens that joint.

Avoiding a split like that late in the grow is the primary reason I supercrop my branches first when training. That moves the stress point out slightly on the branch and causes a knuckle which further strengthens that joint.
I thought about it but, it was still a little out of my comfort zone. Starting earlier might have helped too.

She wasn’t looking too happy before lights out. I don’t know if it was the light, stress or both but, I figured forcing her to flower while looking like this was a bad idea so, she’s back in veg for a couple days. We’ll see if she bounces back.
The flip was going to be tonight’s light cycle.

IMG_3438.jpeg

IMG_3437.jpeg

IMG_3436.jpeg

She wasn’t looking too happy before lights out. I don’t know if it was the light, stress or both but, I figured forcing her to flower while looking like this was a bad idea so, she’s back in veg for a couple days. We’ll see if she bounces back.

IMG_3438.jpeg

IMG_3437.jpeg

IMG_3436.jpeg
I am curious about your light distance and % setting. I recently read about the Taco effect elsewhere on the net, and they contributed it to light intensity. I recall it got better when they raised the light. I ❤️ learning new things!

I am curious about your light distance and % setting. I recently read about the Taco effect elsewhere on the net, and they contributed it to light intensity. I recall it got better when they raised the light. I ❤️ learning new things!
I had put them under my flower light. I use photone and had it set at 100% and at about 18 inches. 600 PPFD. I moved them back under the veg light to see if it improves.

IMG_3438.jpeg

IMG_3437.jpeg

IMG_3436.jpeg
Good Morning!

I'm curious on the heat.
Did you happen to notice temperature in the tent after the flowering light was put in, after a couple hours?
Anything in the tent to measure temperature?

Good Morning!

I'm curious on the heat.
Did you happen to notice temperature in the tent after the flowering light was put in, after a couple hours?
Anything in the tent to measure temperature?
Yeah, it was definitely warmer yesterday. The dehuey was playing catchup all day and had the room 77. The flower tent was running 79.
And yes, I use controllers in all 3 tents so, I even have a log to check.
She looks a lot better this morning. And sure didn’t slow down her drinking.
I’ll check on her again in a few hours.
Fusi looked just fine so, I think the light and heat was just a bit too much considering her condition.
I’ll give her some time to recover and try again.
Next time, I’ll back the light off and match the par value then creep up on it.
I have faith she’ll be ok.

Cupping is generally either too much light or too much heat, so dimming the lights a bit or moving them up is where I'd start.
I think you’re exactly right. Her sibling was fine with it but, in her condition she wasn’t having it… so we try again and ease into it after she recovers.

Ok, we are back in the flower tent.
Upon investigation what I’m figuring is, when I went to flower last time, I upped the par to 700 from 600. They no like that. So we went back to the veg tent and I even raised the light a bit to let em heal up.
Now in the flower tent, I backed the light down to 470ish. I’ll let em get used to it and the new cycle and start going up from there.

I’m a bit concerned with height here but, I have a backup plan that I really don’t want to use. If they get too tall, I do have a 1 foot extension I can put on my tent but, to do that, I have to tear the tent down and move it to another room.

IMG_3446.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom