Ya tbh I'm not sure why I like them. I started off with them not knowing enough about LED's. I find nothing wrong with my grows and they have worked amazingly well. So I like to stick with what works :)
I'm new, but would like to tag along if you don't mind :popcorn: I'm trying to figure out what soil, what lights, and what's going to be easiest for me, and you have a comparison going on, very interesting timing :hmmmm:

Okay, so let's get back to the Mega Crop. These numbers are averages just so I'm clear. For my photoperiod plants I'm mixing 6.5 grams of MC 1 to 1 gallon of water and adjusting the PH to 6.5 For auto flower plants I'm mixing 3.5 grams of MC 1 to 1 gallon of water and adjusting the PH to 6.5 for ProMix BX and to 5.5 for hempy plants. So what I feed my photo plants is approximately 2X as strong as what I feed my auto plants.

I have only grown maybe 10 autoflower plants total so I'm still learning. The 1/2 strength nutes is something I saw in a number of auto grows and adopted. My auto plants are healthy but not very large.

I'm new, but would like to tag along if you don't mind :popcorn: I'm trying to figure out what soil, what lights, and what's going to be easiest for me, and you have a comparison going on, very interesting timing :hmmmm:
Pull up a chair Gandalf and welcome to my Journal! It's good to have you aboard. If there's anything I or anyone here can help you with then shout it out!
:passitleft:

Okay, so let's get back to the Mega Crop. These numbers are averages just so I'm clear. For my photoperiod plants I'm mixing 6.5 grams of MC 1 to 1 gallon of water and adjusting the PH to 6.5 For auto flower plants I'm mixing 3.5 grams of MC 1 to 1 gallon of water and adjusting the PH to 6.5 for ProMix BX and to 5.5 for hempy plants. So what I feed my photo plants is approximately 2X as strong as what I feed my auto plants.

I have only grown maybe 10 autoflower plants total so I'm still learning. The 1/2 strength nutes is something I saw in a number of auto grows and adopted. My auto plants are healthy but not very large.
Honestly I think it's trial and error. I look for the signs of overfeeding with MC and try and stay just under that point. I haven't grown in HP or Hempy so can't advise on that, however here is a pic of an PE auto just finishing up. She was just given 10g of MC in 4L of water. Almost double the recommended dose for late veg stage.

We had a good discussion of the use of MC, not so much the amounts, but more of what to do when certain defs show up, such as Ca def.
Sauga's Ride On The Pineapple Express
It starts somewhere there if you are interested.

That's definately true, but had nothing to compare it to. The pic above...you can barely squeeze them. It's sweet!
i honestly think part of it is the heat. only works in your favor if you grow up here tho... :laughtwo:

i honestly think part of it is the heat. only works in your favor if you grow up here tho... :laughtwo:
True dat!
There's a lot more range of temps you can play in with HID. I can increase temps 8 degrees just by removing the duct from the hood. With it on the hood I hover around 75. Too much higher and RH drops.

True dat!
There's a lot more range of temps you can play in with HID. I can increase temps 8 degrees just by removing the duct from the hood. With it on the hood I hover around 75. Too much higher and RH drops.

have grown in un-heated or semi-heated spaces, attics, basements and crawl spaces. the old lights were an integral part of the environment control.

it's all different now. i have an electric heater in a space i would normally put a 600 watt light in alone and be done. using cob so the heater is a necessity.

winter used to be grow season here cause we could use the light heat :laughtwo:

I'm looking forward to the results. I know you brought it up on my other thread so I've been waiting to hear your thoughts.
:nomo:

The results are in, at least partial. They are over at my thread. I tagged you.

I feed my autos at the same rate as my photos. Equivalent 5-6g of Mega per gallon, every watering. At least for me, I find 120-150 ppm of N the sweet spot for most strains, auto or photo. The 5-6g of Mega hits those numbers. Also in Pro Mix BX around 6.5.

Honestly I think it's trial and error. I look for the signs of overfeeding with MC and try and stay just under that point. I haven't grown in HP or Hempy so can't advise on that, however here is a pic of an PE auto just finishing up. She was just given 10g of MC in 4L of water. Almost double the recommended dose for late veg stage.

We had a good discussion of the use of MC, not so much the amounts, but more of what to do when certain defs show up, such as Ca def.
Sauga's Ride On The Pineapple Express
It starts somewhere there if you are interested.

I'm testing the theory of adding more Mega vs supplementing Cal Mag now since I see a touch of Cal deficiency on one of mine.

I feed my autos at the same rate as my photos. Equivalent 5-6g of Mega per gallon, every watering. At least for me, I find 120-150 ppm of N the sweet spot for most strains, auto or photo. The 5-6g of Mega hits those numbers. Also in Pro Mix BX around 6.5.

I'm testing the theory of adding more Mega vs supplementing Cal Mag now since I see a touch of Cal deficiency on one of mine.
So far things went well with the heavy feeding. I would have seen some signs of issues by now since it's just a big root ball in the pot. I just peeked in on them they look just as happy. Tonight will be 24 hours at lights on so I'll be able to take a better look.

Im definitely hanging around. Youve taught me quite a bit so cant wait. Happy Growing
Hi Nicky... glad to have you on board! :thumb:
If you have any questions feel free to ask. Post pics if you need to here as well. Enjoy your day!

So, given what I learned from @farside05 today, I know my plants can handle higher ppm levels, but there's a limit to the amount of N plants want. By increasing that amount of MC to get back to 1100ppm at 10g increases the N levels outside the high range So I always have been using the feed calculator as written and have great results. I'll go back to the high end levels within GN recommendations and all should be good in the tent again.

Well shit. I would have told you to check my thread and post #5 but it looks like a moderator edited it and removed the link yesterday. If you want to private message me your e-mail addy I'll send it to you.

Back
Top Bottom