Hi Nicky... glad to have you on board! :thumb:
If you have any questions feel free to ask. Post pics if you need to here as well. Enjoy your day!
I also use FFOF. I like that after i plant i dont have to worry about nutes for at least a few weeks. Plants seem to really like it. So far so good

Attachments

• 20190224_100914.jpg
    20190224_100914.jpg
    885.9 KB · Views: 58
I also use FFOF. I like that after i plant i dont have to worry about nutes for at least a few weeks. Plants seem to really like it. So far so good
I agree totally. If you need to use a soil mix then FFOF is the way to go! I'll know more after this grow, but I'm really loving the MG stuff I use.

I decided to measure my PPM (I rarely do this) of my well water and then my mixed nutrient pre feeding today. The PPM of my well water is 152 at 60.5 degrees F. I added 6.5 grams of MC to one gallon of water at 70 degrees F and have a PPM of 1490. Now to me 1490 seems awfully high but none of the girls except a Chem 91 X Cherry AlienDawg complains. The Chem 91 gets her own mix at 6.0 grams of MC and she's happy there.

I decided to measure my PPM (I rarely do this) of my well water and then my mixed nutrient pre feeding today. The PPM of my well water is 152 at 60.5 degrees F. I added 6.5 grams of MC to one gallon of water at 70 degrees F and have a PPM of 1490. Now to me 1490 seems awfully high but none of the girls except a Chem 91 X Cherry AlienDawg complains. The Chem 91 gets her own mix at 6.0 grams of MC and she's happy there.

Was that 6.5 measured on a scale? I had Mega coming in at 150 ppm per gram, which would put 6.5g at 975 plus your water.

I had Mega coming in at 150 ppm per gram,
Not sure if it's difference in formula, as I assume it would be, but my MC at 1 gm comes in at 81ppm. I'll do more checks from now on to see how consistent that number is.

Sunday Update
Hello World!
So today's update is all about the planting. After 17 hours in the paper towel, I checked on them and all four had tap roots about 1/4" in length. One of the GG's has a dual tap, so it should grow faster ;)

Both pots of the MG are quite wet. This is straight from the bag like this. It contains lots of moisture so I didn't need to moisten the soil prior to dropping the seed. The FFOF is drier so you can see below the wet spots needed for the seeds. From this point, with the FFOF, I'll just be misting lightly if the soil starts to look dry.
If I wet it too much, or pour water over it, I risk losing the seed by floating away or drowning it.

Here's a pic of the dual tap Gorilla Glue in the MG soil. You can see why this one wont need any moisture for quite some time.

When I plant my seeds, I plant with the tap root up, as shown in the pic below. I find, so far, by doing it this way I reduce the chances of helmet head. 100% success so far!

Finally, lights will be on 24/7 right now until we get all four above the soil. Shortly after that I'll go to 20/4. I'm still contemplating on 20/4 for the whole grow, or switching to 18/6 later on. The seedling light I use is a full spectrum 20W LED. Seems to have worked well in the past.

That is all! :Rasta:

What I am trying to wrap my head around is the difference between how much nutrients does a plant need and how much nutrients can a plant endure and not die. I think at a certain point there is a line. That line is the maximum amount of nutrients the plant can uptake. That's what I am trying to find. I think any nutrients over that line are wasted as the plant cannot absorb them.

But I am now wondering with the autos I've grown in the past feeding them approximately 3.5 grams per gallon of water if the 677 PPM falls short of the total amount of nutrients an autoflower plant can uptake at feeding. And if perhaps that has something to do with their diminutive size and yield.

Back
Top Bottom