The Great Outdoor Group Grow: Beastly Buds To Honor Bonsai

I'm in. 'not sure why I didn't see this last year. Oh well. I remember Bonsaiweed very well. He was one of those that you ran into everywhere. I followed his grow. He pampered those babies to death and then shut it down as he thought the grow had been compromised.

Here's another thing about that guy. He won Member of the Month the only time I was ever nominated. 420 Magazine's Member of the Month: May 2018

I was quite touched when I looked back at those results and saw that he had voted for me. What a surprise.

Very illegal to grow here in North Carolina. I'm an ISTP temperament type so I may just ignore those rules. Hemp is allowed here but I think you actually have to have a registered farm.

I have some seedlings being hardened off outside. It's been cool, wet and windy here lately.

IMG_2265.JPG

Thanks for sharing that story @MagicJim
Bonsai was a really cool guy and we were blessed to have him around for as long as we did!

I work with a guy from one of the Carolinas and you're a brave soul. Here were allowed 12 w. Up to 6 flowering but under 24 and you're protected under the ravin act. I'll hit some of these with pollen but I have another 6 Mexican airlines and 6 amnesia bilbo that will hopefully stay sensi... all gonna go to hash anyways most likely.

@Derbybud great to see you and I hope you guys had a fantastic 420.

@dynamo1 thanks for the beans! And did I hear you recently had a birthday? Hope it was a good one!

Getting ready for fun in the sun...

48°f for the high today

Ordered the chemicals to make STS last night. I may experiment some with it and actually look into selling some pre-made solutions. It works best when freshly mixed so I may have to think about a user friendly (idiot proof) way to allow users to mix themselves. Hopefully something as easy as squirter this in water drop that in water stir/shake combine and spray. Ultimately, I'm just not sure the demand is there. I feel like most people smart enough to reverse a plant can just make their own.

SmartSelect_20200425-210306_Chrome.jpg

Courtesy of budresearch.com

Ordered mine from home science tools

Hi Dabber! Nice to see this thread pop up again and to see you getting ready for more outdoor goodness. I’m literally dropping a northern lights auto into a glass water in about an hour to kick off my indoor for this year. Lovely new moon right now, about to move into the fertile sign of Cancer so its a perfect time for canna-seed dropping.

I’ll be along for the show :popcorn:

I want to reverse a Candida, so can you post up exactly what you got or hit me with a PM/DM? I realize that this might cut into your profit margin though when you go to market...
I posted it above but yep. Ill definitely shoot ya a Pm and or DM

Hey all you pollen chuckers, can you tell me two things?

1. If I take two clones from the same mother, reverse one and pollinate the other with it, what do I call the resulting seeds? They're not S1's because I used two different plants, so what are they?
2. How much genetic variation have I introduced by making seeds this way vs pollinating the same plant I reverse?

:thanks:

Ordered the chemicals to make STS last night.
I posted it above but yep. Ill definitely shoot ya a Pm and or DM
I was looking for more specificity than this unless I missed the actual product ID #'s somewhere!

Silver Nitrate, 2 g
$16.50
ITEM #UN1493

Sodium Thiosulfate, 30 g
$4.10
ITEM #CH-NA2S2O3

Hey all you pollen chuckers, can you tell me two things?

1. If I take two clones from the same mother, reverse one and pollinate the other with it, what do I call the resulting seeds? They're not S1's because I used two different plants, so what are they?
2. How much genetic variation have I introduced by making seeds this way vs pollinating the same plant I reverse

It's a clone. They are genetically identical. So technically its still an S1. I'd only be worried if you crossed like a 10 year old mom cutting with gen 10 clone. At that point there's a chance they may be a TINY bit different, but still not cause for concern.

S1 can contain some variance but that will have nothing to do with reversing a plant that is genetically identical to its counterpart.

Honestly every s1 seed for sale on the market likely came from clones of the same plant where one was reversed and the other(s) left to be impregnated. Not many breeders take the time to hit one bud site. They spray and reverse an entire plant and then take that into a room of unreversed female and let the pollen fly....

Depending on how much you need it may be worth it to double down on the silver Nitrate as you'll have some sodium thiosulfate left over otherwise.

20200503_124205.jpg

Glad to have you back Agemon!

Gonna mix up soil today with my little girl.

Sourced a portable garage frame from a buddy and gonna get it this weekend and hopefully set it up next weekend. I gotta clean out the tub and get the DDA beans uppotted.

Happy mothers day to all the moms!

Edit: supposed to be high 70s low 80s tomorrow.... funny cause there's snow on the ground in places. I suspect it will be all gone come Monday!

May even go check the sloughs and lake to see when I can get out fishing

Back
Top Bottom