Tok's First Mushroom Diary - Medical First/Recreation

Good Morning 420 Magazine todays mushroom update.

The grain jar I inoculated on 12-29 is coming along nicely building mycelium growth.

Here are some current images.

Be safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..
Rippin through the grain!! Hell yeah!! Happy Friday!! 😎✌️

Thank you for stopping by @Scottay

I bought 6 grain jars, three were 5- grains and the other three are Rye Grain. So far, I used one of each and the Rye jar is doing really well. Almost halfway filled with Tidal Wave.

Sorry no images today.

Be safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
I'm partial to the rye grain. I buy it at a co op for about $25 for 50lbs. Lasts a loooooooong time. It basicly doubles in size when I soak it and then cook it.

Thank you for stopping by @Ramblinrose1965

I think this will be the way I grow shrooms.
The AIO are fine, I just seem to do better will grain jars to start.

I bought myself a x-mas present, a 9 quart pressure cooker and all the supplies needed to make my own jars.
So this is most likely, the way I will be growing them.

Thanks again for stopping by @Ramblinrose1965

Be safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Right on......Thats your full size pressure cooker! I never tried the AIO . I have cooked my own grain jars from the begining of my mycology experiments. Its easy to make your own grain spawn and saves lots of $.

Good Morning 420 Magazine

Time for a short update.

I will not be doing any more updates on the UB Brown Rice bags, because I have not seem any progressive on the mycelium re-colonizing's.

The Nameless mycelium growth in the AIO bags appear to be a gray color, so that is about done for it. Next year; my back yard is going to look like a mushroom factory with Lion's Mane on logs, Oysters in manor, Pan Cyan, Nameless in old AIO bag just to say a few. :yahoo::eye-roll::goof:

The Tidal Wave is still building mycelium and progressing to fill the 32 oz. grain jar. I would guesstimate it is about 50% percent colonized. So it should not be much longer for the Tidal Wave.

The second grain jar I inoculated with Pan Cyan is still in the dark. It has not been long enough to check the jar. I inoculated the grain jar on 01-10, so around the middle of next week I will check for progress.

Here are some current images of the Tidal Wave mycelium growth in a grain jar.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @Scottay and @Ramblinrose1965

I will check on the progress of the Tidal Wave and Pan Cyan on Friday or Saturday.
It shouldn't be much longer for the Tidal Wave. The last time I checked it was about 50% colonized.

TR
Thanks Tokin Roll
If those grain spawn jars are slow to colonize.....you can give the jars a shake until the grain separates into individual grains and the mycelium disappears. This will redistribute the mycelium and will fully colonize the jar much quicker.

Thank you for the tip @Ramblinrose1965
I will do that tomorrow.

I have given up on the AIO bags and UB Brown rice that I inoculated.
The mycelium looks like it is gray in the AIO bag and nothing ever happen with the other AIO bag.
UB brown rice bags failed to re-colonized when I did a break and shake
What kind of grain are you using in the jars?

Thank you for the tip @Ramblinrose1965
I will do that tomorrow.

I have given up on the AIO bags and UB Brown rice that I inoculated.
The mycelium looks like it is gray in the AIO bag and nothing ever happen with the other AIO bag.
UB brown rice bags failed to re-colonized when I did a break and shake
Hey Tok I’m wondering if the AIO bag that did nothing if it can be inoculated again? CL🍀. :thumb: :goodluck:

Thank you for stopping by @Ramblinrose1965 and @CaptainLucky

What kind of grain are you using in the jars?
I bought three Rye Grain and three 5-grain mix. I thought I inoculated the Rye grain with Tidal Wave, but it appears to be the 5-grain.

Hey Tok I’m wondering if the AIO bag that did nothing if it can be inoculated again? CL
These bags are a couple months old by now and have been stored at room temp for inoculation. My guess is the AIO bags expired while waiting for the mycelium growth. The one bag was inoculated twice with the Nameless spores and still no results.

I will be doing a shake and break today of the Tidal Wave grain jar.

After Shake and Break

That's all folks.

Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @Ramblinrose1965 and @CaptainLucky

I bought three Rye Grain and three 5-grain mix. I thought I inoculated the Rye grain with Tidal Wave, but it appears to be the 5-grain.

These bags are a couple months old by now and have been stored at room temp for inoculation. My guess is the AIO bags expired while waiting for the mycelium growth. The one bag was inoculated twice with the Nameless spores and still no results.

I will be doing a shake and break today of the Tidal Wave grain jar.

After Shake and Break

That's all folks.

Tok..
The jars should be good for a shake.
Have a great day

Back
Top Bottom