Canadian Growers Group & Friends

P1170836.JPG
Love the picture should be the background of the thread! :)

my chore today,,

P1170849.JPG

P1170851.JPG

a super lemon haze/afghani cross,, small buds but sweet indeed

enjoy the afternoon friends,, cheers
LOL.... Aww poor Nivek!... Wish I had that chore on a nice sunny day it looks like your having today! :) Enjoy the hard labor make sure to take a toke break every so often make sure those hands don't cramp up.. :)

Guy from this area told me about something he bought on the 'zon, Green Cure, it's mostly potassium bicarbonate. He'd been having problems with bud rot, and then he bought this stuff. He used it as a preventive during flowering and didn't lose anything. I got some of the straight chemical, used it the same way, and only lost one tiny side bud to botrytis last year. It works the same way as sodium bicarbonate, only it's more effective. It can be washed off the buds, and it's safe for human consumption. They use it in winemaking to adjust the ph of wines that are too acidic. Brewer's supply shops/sites sell it by the pound, and since you only use 5ml per litre it'll last a long while. I'll be using it again this year.
Thanks Jim I'm going to read up on that stuff and check it out sounds like a good tool to have in the grow tool box. :)

BC here. Anyone growing in the western Fraser Valley?

Starting my 12/12 cycle next weekend for end of Oct harvest. Growing outdoors so throwing a tarp over the plants.

My concern is going into October it can be pretty damn wet around here, humidity wise. My plan is to have a fan or two blowing through the buds. If you grow in this area any issues with bud rot or mould?

BC here. Anyone growing in the western Fraser Valley?

Starting my 12/12 cycle next weekend for end of Oct harvest. Growing outdoors so throwing a tarp over the plants.

My concern is going into October it can be pretty damn wet around here, humidity wise. My plan is to have a fan or two blowing through the buds. If you grow in this area any issues with bud rot or mould?
Hi Mr. King Welcome to the group, I'm all the way in the east but I'm sure someone from the west coast will drop in to help out. Canadian Jim just told us about... Green cure... It kills mold spores and mildew without harming the plant and enviroment you might want to check that stuff out for the issue you were talking about.

Hi Mr. King Welcome to the group, I'm all the way in the east but I'm sure someone from the west coast will drop in to help out. Canadian Jim just told us about... Green cure... It kills mold spores and mildew without harming the plant and enviroment you might want to check that stuff out for the issue you were talking about.
I’ll look for it, or I’ll pop into a wine supply store and get the potassium bicarbonate. Might as well be preventative!!

Hey CanadianJim is this the right stuff?
1597014457586.png
What I have read about it so far it sounds amazing and great for the environment both great things in my book!
Yes, that's it. I use the active ingredient itself, as it was easier and cheaper to find, but that's what the guy in my area uses. Just be careful with the dosage, I use between 1/4 and 1/2 of what they recommend. When I used it at full strength it turned my pistils brown prematurely. It didn't have any other negative effect that I noticed, flowering went on as if nothing had happened.

This old Canuck is in.
West coast outdoor grower for 12 years, East coast outdoor grower for 7 years, now Ontario outdoor grower this is the sixth year.

I have seen a lot of fellow Canadian growers asking Canadian specific questions on sourcing seeds, growing nutrients, lighting , grow medium etc. I have not yet seen an area where Canadian growers can go and source information without having to jam up all the other area's of the forum searching for other Canadian growers to source information from.

Great idea Eh, there is nothing more annoying than reading on here about a great product/s, then come to realize it will cost 5 times the price to get into this country.

Hey CanadianJim is this the right stuff?
1597014457586.png
What I have read about it so far it sounds amazing and great for the environment both great things in my book!

Thanks for the share guys, looking for some right now.

Heres to a great season.
:surf::passitleft:

This old Canuck is in.
West coast outdoor grower for 12 years, East coast outdoor grower for 7 years, now Ontario outdoor grower this is the sixth year.

Great idea Eh, there is nothing more annoying than reading on here about a great product/s, then come to realize it will cost 5 times the price to get into this country.

Thanks for the share guys, looking for some right now.

Heres to a great season.
:surf::passitleft:
Glad to have ya aboard! :)

Look at all these friendly Canadians in here! Central Alberta is where I get to call home!

Just flipped some Hindu Kush into flower on my first grow, had really good success cloning, and learning a lot already from members on the site. What a great group here!

Another Albertan here. I have been indoor growing about 40 years now. Not sure how you outdoor guys can deal with bugs, mold, and frost. Mind you, the sun is a lot cheaper to run than indoor lights.

There is a whole thread out there somewhere . alberta growers lounge. I think its called. Fairly recent too

Thanks oldsmokey was trying to find it and link it here... Here's to trying to make this thread a one stop shop for all us Canadians! and World Friends can't forget them :)

Back
Top Bottom