Canadian growers

In Alberta it is very easy to get a doctor to sign grow papers, for no cost or $20 to file for you! Natural Health Services are great!

When I got my script at the end of August, my clinic doc said “in a few months” they would be signing the grow papers. Yesterday, I decided to push the issue. I called & explained what I wanted & the reception girl told me no again: “We will be set up to do them in a few months.” I told her that they were forcing me to go to another clinic because my condition had worsened (true) & I didn’t want an ongoing $8-$10 per day med cost (very true). As I was signing off, she put me on hold “to check” & then came back with “I just found out that we got the OK to sign them last night & we will start signing the application in a few weeks.”

Well now. They are obviously playing some game – maybe just figuring out how to monetarize it. Or is the government altering its approach to insist on LP clones or seeds? Has anybody got their doc/clinic to sign papers in the last month?

And she said she would call me "as soon as . . . "

It seems to me as though their stances changing as well, not sure which way? All of my paperwork has been signed within the last 24-48 hours and sent off. I still wish we could propagate from seed, not sure exactly how they would know if we took cuttings from your own plants or not?

I might be in touch for the name of that clinic . . . I am giving mine 2 weeks (Apollo btw).

When I got my script at the end of August, my clinic doc said “in a few months” they would be signing the grow papers. Yesterday, I decided to push the issue. I called & explained what I wanted & the reception girl told me no again: “We will be set up to do them in a few months.” I told her that they were forcing me to go to another clinic because my condition had worsened (true) & I didn’t want an ongoing $8-$10 per day med cost (very true). As I was signing off, she put me on hold “to check” & then came back with “I just found out that we got the OK to sign them last night & we will start signing the application in a few weeks.”

Well now. They are obviously playing some game – maybe just figuring out how to monetarize it. Or is the government altering its approach to insist on LP clones or seeds? Has anybody got their doc/clinic to sign papers in the last month?

And she said she would call me "as soon as . . . "

thats nonsense they're feeding you. If they prescribed x grams per day then its just a matter of getting the original of the prescription and mailing it in with the ACMPR form. There's nothing else you need to do. At the core of the program is that prescription being the authorization to grow, the extra step of having to get health canada's is just a power move to control it.

Oh, I know it's nonsense. As I said, in 2 weeks I make a real fuss. The way the program is now, I didn't even see my actual signed official script. The clinic sent it directly to the LPs via secure fax to fire me up.

Oh, I know it's nonsense. As I said, in 2 weeks I make a real fuss. The way the program is now, I didn't even see my actual signed official script. The clinic sent it directly to the LPs via secure fax to fire me up.
I've heard that from natural health services. That they don't actually give u a physical copy of the script. Not sure of the reason behind it. Till I hear a reason, I won't vent on that aspect of it.

Me neither, although it would be nice to have it in case you switch LPS. I have seen a paper copy of the grow permits though.

My clinic at first wouldn't sign, now they print your medical document and mail it no questions asked! They say they charge $20 but they always wave it for us.

You can use any starting material you want anyway you want. You DO NOT have to use L.P. starting material.

Welcome to 420 Embrace2mrw :welcome:

For help with posting & photos etc go to Member Resources. Other than that, have a look around. There is something for everyone.

Ian

I've heard that from natural health services. That they don't actually give u a physical copy of the script. Not sure of the reason behind it. Till I hear a reason, I won't vent on that aspect of it.

I'm sure the $20.99 ACMPR processing fee is the reason. What I can't figure is why the Calgary Natural Health Services office is the only one that can accept our ACMPR forms. They keep saying their other offices outside of Calgary will be able to do it soon, but soon never seems to come.

I was into the Natural Health Services office in Calgary a couple ago to get my registration renewal on the go before my year was up and the existing registration expired. I filled out the ACMPR forms and printed and signed them at home. Took them into the Calgary office with a twenty dollar bill. They called me in and sat me down with a young lady who took the forms and looked them over. She then stapled them together with a photocopy of my prescription and said "we'll get these sent off right away" and I left. Six hour round trip drive and $20 to watch her staple the pages together.

I'm sure the $20.99 ACMPR processing fee is the reason. What I can't figure is why the Calgary Natural Health Services office is the only one that can accept our ACMPR forms. They keep saying their other offices outside of Calgary will be able to do it soon, but soon never seems to come.

I was into the Natural Health Services office in Calgary a couple ago to get my registration renewal on the go before my year was up and the existing registration expired. I filled out the ACMPR forms and printed and signed them at home. Took them into the Calgary office with a twenty dollar bill. They called me in and sat me down with a young lady who took the forms and looked them over. She then stapled them together with a photocopy of my prescription and said "we'll get these sent off right away" and I left. Six hour round trip drive and $20 to watch her staple the pages together.
Sorry about your hassel bud.
Not sure I have anything good to add. But if I can offer advise, call health Canada weekly to make sure they are reviewing your app. When I called the person said they only were working on the folks who called. To quote "it's the gov, only the squeeky wheel gets the grease" lol. I called after waiting three months. Once I called weekly I recieved my piece of paper in a month. Hope that helps

I have called and asked about the time frame involved as it took 5 months to receive my initial ACMPR registration. They wouldn't give an exact time frame but did indicate that renewals took priority over first time applications. So i'm thinking 2 or 3 months as opposed to 5.

Back
Top Bottom