DV8s Sweet Treats Grow Ft All New Viparspectra XS1500 PRO

DV8

Hello Growstars, and welcome to my latest grow under the new light supplied by @ViparSpectra

Before the technical details of the newly released light, lets run over the relevant details.

Genetics:
Runtz Muffin Photoperiod obtained from Barneys Farm.

Grow Media:
Coco Perlite mix with ammendments

Tent:
Veg 70x70 (approx 2.3 x 2.3 ft)
Flower: 80x80

Nutrients:
Powder form Part A & B soluble solution into PH adjusted water, applied via top watering to run off.

Light available Here

XS1500 PRO Key Features

1. High Photon Density:

The New-Gen Lens is algorithmically positioned to create the highest PAR map and the deepest penetration.

2. Perfect fit in 2x2 tent:

The PPFD in a 2x2 tent is from 900 to 1000 μmol/m²/s, which meet the flowering needs of each plants in each corner. XS Pro Series bring big earns to every grower.

3. Uniform PAR Distribution:

The Ave. PPFD is 942 umol/㎡/s. in 2x2 tent, Boost Yields to Higher Level;

4. Multi-Light Dimming Daisy Chain:

Control up to 20 lights. Save your time;

5. Dimmer Knob:

Easy to change your light intensity as needed from 5% to 100%.

6. Optimized Spectrum:

Algorithmically designed ratio of white,red,and IR diodes, optimizes plant growth in all stages

Unboxing

Pros:
Came in a very timely manner, well packaged and in great shape.

Cons: Sticker on side has description of contents. Not so handy when trying to be stealth in Aus, and Ive never trusted Auspost with electrical goods.

Here it is!
20230208_182932.jpg
20230208_183001.jpg

Its as sexy as the promo advert!

Then I hit a snag. Has the American style plug......
20230208_183016.jpg

Quick trip to the Hardware and it was all sorted with an adapter.
20230208_183157.jpg

Here is the rest of the box contents.

I love, love, love the clips made for this light. Of all the lights ever owned this is by far the best design for purpose.

Its stable, secure, and keeps it beautifully even. Love your work @ViparSpectra !

They also threw in a series of tent stickers. I will get these up in the next few days

20230208_183224.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

20230208_182932.jpg

20230208_183001.jpg

Here is the supplied material as it appears in the manual.

Its concise, informative, and easy to follow. No need to be an intellectual giant, if you read, you can follow.

1.jpg

It really is that pretty!
2.jpg

Super simple right? PPFD recommendations are followed by charts.
3.jpg
4.jpg
Viparspectra then supply a ready reckoner for staged systems
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

And thats a wrap!

The XS1500 PRO is available now and can be found Here for sale.

After using it for a while here is a summary of my thoughts.

It has a great ability to stay relatively cool, much more so than any of my other lights.

It gives much better illumination than my 2000W light. Partly because of the shape, and largly because of the components.

Simple to put on hangers and hangs easily. It feels kinda heavy out the box given its size, but its not awkward.

Lead is generous and I havent contemplated removing driver. Simply no need to detacth as the standard cord length is plentiful.

Couple of cons, as you find with any product. When used on its own it seems a bit directional. Like very straight up and down. To creep the edges out to corners in a larger space another one in series would be needed.

As much as I like the adjustable dimmer, the segmentation is fixed and not completely variable. Its handy in selecting the right one, and is great for seeing exactly which setting you are in, but Id prefer a full rotation selection, just to dial back a bit on warmer days.

I think its a fantastic feature though for those just dipping their toes into growing. Just measure distance, select intensity and you have the correct ppfd for plant stage. Too easy.

So now I have the sales pitch out of the road, on to the grow.

Runtz Muffin

Runtz Muffin Cannabis Seeds​

Type: Feminised strain
Barneys Farm Runtz Muffin strain is the result of the diligent amalgamation of Zkittlez x Gelato, this gratifying Cookies descendant will delight you with her remarkable flavours and potent, balanced nature.The lab then delicately fused our Orange punch to not only increase the indica % but adding significant production benefits.
Experiencing this delicacy is like being wrapped up in a sweet smelling blanket of perfumed lavender bliss with a faint twist of clementine. Dense, smouldering smoke delivers a fruity hit of joy and euphoria that stretches throughout your day. Bathe away your worries and strife in a sumptuous sea of fruity flavours, buds literally dripping in an intoxicating syrup pushing the needle to a prodigious 29% THC.
Discover delightful aromas ripped straight from your childhood sweet shop - often hints of orange marzipan can be found developing during late flower. A multitude of tasty terpenes make this strawberry delight a wonderful growing experience for any level of gardener. Subtle purple and deep green hues can be found on the finished buds, a real joy to behold, glinting like the crown jewels. Heights of up to 2 metres can be expected outdoors whereas indoors this delicacy will finish at around 110-120cm after a 4 week veg period.
This balanced and saucy hybrid will quickly deliver you to another flabbergasting level of relaxation, shattering any mental tensions and ensures that you can carry on through your day, protected from any worries by a glimmering ring of staggering positivity. Runtz Muffin allows you to explore and feel in whole new ways, calming your thoughts into peaceful and philosophical dreams that subdue your mind into the state of a beautiful mountain stream, bubbling gently in the shimmering sunlight.

I selected the Runtz to try and get the higher THC content coupled with the exciting visual appeal often found in late flower.

Theres a couple other Barneys running a couple weeks behind her, hence the name 'Sweet Treats'.

As the journal was slightly delayed waiting for the release date here is her progress so far.

Congrats on the new light. She's looking real good!

Looking forward to watching the ViparSpectra do it's thing!
So am I! It honestly has been a good light, good enough Im thinking of getting another.
I've got a couple of Runtz strains waiting in the wings, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this one does for you!
Im sure you wont be disappointed. @Trala S one look pretty good to me.

Cant promise you magic Mel, but I do believe its a quality strain.
Looking good Amigo :thumb:
Thanks Bill! And cheers for dropping in.
Congrats on the new light. She's looking real good!
Love it, and thanks mate. Looking forward to seeing how it goes across a complete grow.

Temps are moving up again with a 4C gain in the peak high today from yesterday.

This light is definitely the coolest underneath, which is to be somewhat expected given its set at 50% output.

Makes a difference though having good illumination strength at 50%. None of my others can match it.

The big difference is the housing structure and its ability to stay cooler using a better design in its heat sinking. Probably cuts 1 to 2C off the tent ambient at full capacity, and a good 3 to 4C at 50%.

With the dry low RH heat that I get, especially indoors, that lower ambient value makes a difference in how long the girls stay in the grow zone (on target vpd values).

In a 24 hour block that might not be all that significant, but week on week it definitely adds up.

Theres almost certain to be some risk of elevated temps (33C+) in March yet, and having a cooler 150W makes so much more sense than a hot 100W and 60W that currently powers the flower tent, especially over sensitive seedlings.

Home again (briefly)

Not much has changed, temps and RH were a little more suitable after a day of mid 20s and rain.

Little ones in small pots need new digs, havent the time this arvo. They needed a good water.

Not much changed, any how here they are.
20230312_182223.jpg

Runtz Muffin x Layer Cake in bigger pot.
Left is Watermelon Zkittlez.
Right is Peyote Zkittlez.

Day 10.

20230312_182228.jpg

Star of the show, Runtz Muffin.
Day 30.
Really overdue to be fed, can see her just showing early signs of wanting more than is available at her roots.

20230312_182242.jpg

Group shot under the ViparSpectra

Thanks for stopping by!

Upgraded heat sink can dissipate heat better, control temperature

Love the plants, look great:green_heart:

Hi Growstars,

Uppotted last two seedlings, Watermelon Zkittlez and Peyote Zkittlez.
20230315_062332.jpg
20230315_062341.jpg

The Runtz x Layer Cake is surging while she settles into her larger pot.
Her training can begin tonight

They are all 2 weeks old tomorrow.
20230315_062358.jpg

The featured Runtz Muffin is at day 33. Temps have risen again for a few days. I really do love the low ambient heat output of this light.

Getting the classic cabbage look now.
20230315_062412.jpg

Still getting compact nodal growth even at 50% setting.

Four seedlings not stretching under a light is an excellent result, Viparspectra recommendations and guides have been spot on.

So simple for beginners and new adopters alike.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom