Keffkas Seedsman Comparative: Purple Ghost Candy

Yes it was, Cooked for almost a year. I've been raising ph with dolomite. I think I should stop now!

What was your reason for using dolomite to raise the ph? Especially with you using calmag, I’m a bit surprised your soil hasn’t frozen up on you

Heck yeah that's such a good thing to have available. I wondered if there was a way to simplify the actual soil amendment for anyone having a difficult time getting their soil just right. I give y'all praise for that organic soil stuff y'all do.

It’s actually very easy to understand it all, and it’s very simple. The problem is, you have to change your entire perspective and outlook on life for it to make sense 🤣 So maybe not that simple 😂

It’s actually very easy to understand it all, and it’s very simple. The problem is, you have to change your entire perspective and outlook on life for it to make sense 🤣 So maybe not that simple 😂
Oh geez.. that sounds hard already!! 😁
I bet if I had an actual hands on experience an was taught in person while being allowed to do it as instructed I'd pick it up very quickly. 👍

Oh geez.. that sounds hard already!! 😁
I bet if I had an actual hands on experience an was taught in person while being allowed to do it as instructed I'd pick it up very quickly. 👍

I don’t doubt that. At its core it’s just soil and water. You can get as complex or as simple as you like. Some guys have whole garden beds indoors, or are harvesting their own amendments. Or you can grab a bag of good quality organic potting mix, put some perlite in, fill a container with the whole bag and run a plant with just water.

They’ve been down 48 hours. We should start seeing life tomorrow afternoon, and it should begin exploding shortly after that.

IMG_7500.jpeg

I tented the foil to get better airflow across the tops, and so no one has to push up on foil.

IMG_7502.jpeg

This caused the soil temps to drop 4 degrees. I’m gonna work on devising a seedling tub that I can put the mat in, and pump humid air into so it can stay warmer and moister. The seedling mat can’t keep up even though it’s advertised at going 10-15 degrees above ambient, and ambient is 70F

IMG_7503.jpeg

I have a feeling that 10-15 is for 4 inch pots and not a solo cup.

:passitleft:

After catching up on your journal!

I know nothing.

Pisses me off all the money spent on myco. I've had better runs then others. But no consistency. Back to the drawing board I go. I'm digging the worm idea, and I'm leaning organic. But I do use nutrients. More so because my soil degrades so fast I feel. Hmph .

:passitleft:

After catching up on your journal!

I know nothing.

Pisses me off all the money spent on myco. I've had better runs then others. But no consistency. Back to the drawing board I go. I'm digging the worm idea, and I'm leaning organic. But I do use nutrients. More so because my soil degrades so fast I feel. Hmph .

It’s a story I’ve heard a lot. These products will even give you directions for hydro purposes. One slick thing they will do is add in beneficial bacteria so you see results even in hydro or coco and think it’s the myco. You could just buy the beneficial bacteria for half the price or an even better bacteria product for the same price.

More so because my soil degrades so fast I feel. Hmph

What size containers are you using? Anything below 15 gallons is gonna require an amended soil and/or top dressings to make it through. If buying soil it’s usually around 1.5 cu ft per plant to make it through.

🤣🤣 the old man in you pops up from time to time, this is a pretty straightforward assessment
Changing .xxx then getting it to my photos, then here was the problem. Same old man syndrome though! :p
What was your reason for using dolomite to raise the ph? Especially with you using calmag, I’m a bit surprised your soil hasn’t frozen up on you
Getting my first landrace sativa going I slurry tested it at 6.2 so I added dolomite to bring it where sativas like it. 7.5 is higher than I saw! Was hoping for 6.8 to 7. I'll have to keep my eye on that!

We’ve got one above ground and one pushing above ground. The first one up still has its shell.. I’ll spray it with water in a little while if it doesn’t shed it itself. Took less than 60 hours since I planted them. That’s impressive

IMG_7506.jpeg

IMG_7509.jpeg

Changing .xxx then getting it to my photos, then here was the problem. Same old man syndrome though! :p

Getting my first landrace sativa going I slurry tested it at 6.2 so I added dolomite to bring it where sativas like it. 7.5 is higher than I saw! Was hoping for 6.8 to 7. I'll have to keep my eye on that!

Ammonium based amendments top dressed will help pull it down if you run into problems. I would also lean a little acid in my water just so the plant isn’t fighting two fronts. I don’t doubt that you’ll finish fantastic though!

I decided to pull the trigger on the worm farm
IMG_7510.jpeg

My boys have shown an interest in growing plants and my youngest wants to worm farm. This way I can teach them the all natural way to grow great plants and how important worms are. Never mind all the great lessons on recycling and nutrients. I likely won’t cover much of the farm in this journal beyond the awesomeness of EWC. I will definitely have expanded information available in my other journal though, where worm breeding and diets have already been discussed.

IMG_7452.jpeg

This is my comparative journal for @SeedsMan

As the title and picture show, we’re running Purple Ghost Candy

Here’s information about the strain straight from the source:

IMG_7447.jpeg

We’ll see. I don’t pull punches, but I also don’t hesitate to acknowledge mistakes.

Here’s a little more:

IMG_7449.jpeg

I know all of those words so we’re in good shape!

Here’s a few more words, I know these too but I probably pronounce them wrong:

IMG_7451.jpeg

And some pictures that need no words:

IMG_7469.jpeg
IMG_7470.jpeg
IMG_7471.jpeg
IMG_7472.jpeg

I will be running my grow under a ROI E720. I can flower 5x5 but prefer to keep it 4x4. I am gonna audible this whole grow. I haven’t decided on my final pot sizes, nor my nutrition. I may use my recycled mineralized soil, or I may go smaller pots, Ocean Forest, and prescription blend nutrients. Either way it will at minimum technically be organic. Half the fun in growing to me is adapting. I’ve already initiated the process and will cover it to where I’m at now in subsequent comments.
Great combo on FFOF and prescription blend nutrients.
Once the roots bed in the container/smartpot you can really use it as a soilless with runoff and kill it.
Wish prescription was still around, bas ass nutrients

4/5 purple ghost candy up, 3/5 for the red cups. They’ll all likely be up and photosynthesizing come morning time. They’ve been under 250 ppfd for about an hour now

IMG_7522.jpeg

4/5 Purple Ghost Candy are up. I’m gonna give the 5th a couple days and see what happens. I’ve had seeds take up to a week so I’m not stressing it yet. The other 4, one has spread its cotyledons and is working, the other three have their shells hanging slightly still so they’re working em out. Soil is 80F, rh is 50, it will go up during lights off to give everyone a breather

(Deleted second shot for privacy)

IMG_7526.jpeg

I decided to pull the trigger on the worm farm
IMG_7510.jpeg

My boys have shown an interest in growing plants and my youngest wants to worm farm. This way I can teach them the all natural way to grow great plants and how important worms are. Never mind all the great lessons on recycling and nutrients. I likely won’t cover much of the farm in this journal beyond the awesomeness of EWC. I will definitely have expanded information available in my other journal though, where worm breeding and diets have already been discussed.
This one will be very nice! I am using a Cooler :/ Having something like this would make it so much simpler :D

I love the journal. What book were you referencing, is that Teaming with Bacteria or Fungi ? I found both at Goodwill a bit back but have yet to read. Ive got a Bacteria/Rhizosphere book that is good, I'll try to find it and give you its name, It has some relatable info you may like.

So much to learn! - My organic Journey has been a rollercoaster :D

Back
Top Bottom