Keffkas Seedsman Comparative: Purple Ghost Candy

This one will be very nice! I am using a Cooler :/ Having something like this would make it so much simpler :D

I contemplated just building one but it would’ve taken me longer than I wanted, and it wouldn’t have made me happy until I modified it a bunch so this saves me time and misery lol.

I love the journal. What book were you referencing, is that Teaming with Bacteria or Fungi ? I found both at Goodwill a bit back but have yet to read. Ive got a Bacteria/Rhizosphere book that is good, I'll try to find it and give you its name, It has some relatable info you may like.

The book I showed the images from was Teaming With Bacteria. The other teaming with books helped reinforce a lot of organic topics, the bacteria one blew me away with stuff I hadn’t heard before

So much to learn! - My organic Journey has been a rollercoaster :D

It’s a wild ride. I love it because you can stay as simple as you’d like or you can go molecular level complexity if you’d like. The stuff I’ve learned about our planet is really cool too. Good luck on your journey, it’s exhilarating in the beginning!

Since 4/5 plants are up, I’m gonna call this Day 1. I’m pretty loose with my timing, as long as stuff gets done around the days planned, we’re good. The only hard rule is veg days. I will always veg for 60 days minimum. This ensures the plants reach sexual maturity before entering flower, which enables vastly greater resin production and a higher quality flower.

Signs of sexual maturity are alternating/staggered nodes, and stigma appearance. Stigma appearance can vary from strain to strain with some not showing until flower, however most plants will show at least one or two before bloom.

I will attempt to take a picture every day of the plants as it can be helpful for newer growers to see plant progression. The only thing I don’t like about doing this is, we as growers tend to overanalyze every little movement. Some times your plant just takes a break, and messing with it is the last thing it needs. I try to stay away from my plants as much as possible and let them do their thing. They almost always grow out of their tiny little issues if I’m not in there trying to mess with them. This is one of the organic soil advantages, being able to be away from the grow for days at a time and your plants being better for it.

I will always veg for 60 days minimum. This ensures the plants reach sexual maturity before entering flower, which enables vastly greater resin production and a higher quality flower.

Signs of sexual maturity are alternating/staggered nodes, and stigma appearance. Stigma appearance can vary from strain to strain with some not showing until flower, however most plants will show at least one or two before bloom.
Do you wait the 60 days even for those that show earlier? Longer veg equals a bigger plant and bigger harvest so i get that. I usually only veg 3-4 weeks but that's because I'm space challenged. If I had more I'd probably go longer too.

Do you wait the 60 days even for those that show earlier? Longer veg equals a bigger plant and bigger harvest so i get that. I usually only veg 3-4 weeks but that's because I'm space challenged. If I had more I'd probably go longer too.

I do. Mainly to be absolutely sure. Something about my human brain feels more comfortable knowing according to the calendar it’s mature.

Made a classic mistake. Forgot to double check my timers after switching, and had it set to On instead of Auto. Seedlings got hit with 21 hours of light instead of 16. There should be no issues from it since I caught it so quickly. Always double check your timers

Well, I'm here to learn so I'll pull up a chair and open a notebook. Just a couple of hours ago I put myco in my plant. Forgive me @Keffka for I have sinned. 🙏
Trip to library coming! They have a few of Lowenfels' books.

Welcome Mak!

On a positive note, adding it won’t harm anything so it’s just a matter of money wasted on the myco. Depending on the product you used, you may still see some benefit from it. Great White comes with beneficial bacteria as well as trichoderma for instance. @013 linked a myco product to me the other day that came with myco, beneficial bacteria, and 3-3-3 time release nutrients so they will also see benefits even if the myco does nothing.

The main problem is, that money and effort could be spent elsewhere on stuff that would really help, or you could be spending less for just the things you would benefit from.

It’s all good though, slowly but surely the information is getting out there to the growers. If even only a couple people walk away from this journal with that knowledge then I am happy and consider this grow a success.

Day 2 (and Day 1)

I will use the age of the oldest plant to mark the days but there will be a spread of ages by a few days.

IMG_7535.jpeg

IMG_7533.jpeg

IMG_7539.jpeg

IMG_7534.jpeg

If you’re following my other journal(s) you’ve likely already seen what I’m about to cover.

I am currently in the middle of putting different amounts of holes in different designs on my solo cups for sprouting. The additional holes help alleviate over watering and I’m trying to see if the additional oxygen is beneficial. Last run I tried a few designs and this run I’m trying a few more. Here are the cups:

IMG_7444.jpeg
IMG_7445.jpeg

I filled the cups with Coast of Maines seedling starter mix called sprout island. Here’s a shot of the seedling mix:
IMG_7489.jpeg

It has a very low nutrient content which is what I prefer since I spend the first 10 days aggressively establishing myco as best as I can. One of the most effective ways of doing this is ensuring the plant has a need to make a myco connection. A plant will dedicate as much as 30% of its carb production toward myco, but it has to have a reason to spend this much energy. Once a plant realizes it needs help getting more of what it wants, it will send a signal out which will entice the myco to come over and link up. Then the magic happens.

Here’s a shot of the seedling mix a few days ago
IMG_7437.jpeg

That is 1.25 gallons of seedling mix cut with 2 cups of perlite, enough for 10 plants. The mix comes with perlite but I’ve always found commercial mixes to be lacking in perlite amounts. More oxygen in the root zone equals bigger, healthier roots and plants with more beneficial bacteria. So I cut all my mixes with perlite if they haven’t been recycled. I watered that seedling mix with 1 L of pure water with microbes mixed in. Here’s a shot of the microbes used:

IMG_7438.jpeg

I have their benefits broken down in my other journal if anyone is interested or we can chat about them here if anyone wants.

After spinning the seedling mix around to get a good mixture I set it near my radiator for 2 days to allow it to really start kicking life into gear. After 2 days of this I put the mix into the individual cups as seen here:

IMG_7458.jpeg
IMG_7459.jpeg

I just use my pinky to push a hole down to my cuticle in each cup. Once I’ve done this, I set the cups on a makeshift heating system and raise the soil temps to a minimum of 80F preferably closer to 85. Here are the cups warmed and ready:

IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

I let those cups sit at 80-85F for 12-24 hours depending on life.
Mind if I tag along :popcorn:

If even only a couple people walk away from this journal with that knowledge then I am happy and consider this grow a success.
Ok, I'm calling BS on that comment. Helping other growers see the light on myco's is one thing, but a successful grow is measured by harvest.

Nice try on the misdirection attempt, though. :thumb:

:laughtwo:

Mind if I tag along :popcorn:

The more the merrier, welcome!

Ok, I'm calling BS on that comment. Helping other growers see the light on myco's is one thing, but a successful grow is measured by harvest.

SLANDER! 🤣

There we go, was looking for a specific quote to be witty with 😂:

“The measure of a man is not how much he has, but how much he gives”

To me that means the grow is already successful 🤣

Then there’s this one:

“The true measure of a man is not found solely in his successes, but in his ability to lift others up“

And another one:

“A man's true legacy is not in the monuments he leaves behind, but in the lives he has touched”

🤣🤣🤣🤣 There’s an endless amount of these corny quotes that I’ve never heard before

If you’re following my other journal(s) you’ve likely already seen what I’m about to cover.

I am currently in the middle of putting different amounts of holes in different designs on my solo cups for sprouting. The additional holes help alleviate over watering and I’m trying to see if the additional oxygen is beneficial. Last run I tried a few designs and this run I’m trying a few more. Here are the cups:

IMG_7444.jpeg
IMG_7445.jpeg

I filled the cups with Coast of Maines seedling starter mix called sprout island. Here’s a shot of the seedling mix:
IMG_7489.jpeg

It has a very low nutrient content which is what I prefer since I spend the first 10 days aggressively establishing myco as best as I can. One of the most effective ways of doing this is ensuring the plant has a need to make a myco connection. A plant will dedicate as much as 30% of its carb production toward myco, but it has to have a reason to spend this much energy. Once a plant realizes it needs help getting more of what it wants, it will send a signal out which will entice the myco to come over and link up. Then the magic happens.

Here’s a shot of the seedling mix a few days ago
IMG_7437.jpeg

That is 1.25 gallons of seedling mix cut with 2 cups of perlite, enough for 10 plants. The mix comes with perlite but I’ve always found commercial mixes to be lacking in perlite amounts. More oxygen in the root zone equals bigger, healthier roots and plants with more beneficial bacteria. So I cut all my mixes with perlite if they haven’t been recycled. I watered that seedling mix with 1 L of pure water with microbes mixed in. Here’s a shot of the microbes used:

IMG_7438.jpeg

I have their benefits broken down in my other journal if anyone is interested or we can chat about them here if anyone wants.

After spinning the seedling mix around to get a good mixture I set it near my radiator for 2 days to allow it to really start kicking life into gear. After 2 days of this I put the mix into the individual cups as seen here:

IMG_7458.jpeg
IMG_7459.jpeg

I just use my pinky to push a hole down to my cuticle in each cup. Once I’ve done this, I set the cups on a makeshift heating system and raise the soil temps to a minimum of 80F preferably closer to 85. Here are the cups warmed and ready:

IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

I let those cups sit at 80-85F for 12-24 hours depending on life.
use their soil in a 50-50 mix of Ocean Blend and Coast of Main seeme better that Ocean Blend and Happy Frog along with Azros and Mykos (pure mycorrhizal enhancer) when transplanting) just started to use KLM from Dyna-Grow (root stimulator) - the whole solo cup was filled with roots - excellent product

use their soil in a 50-50 mix of Ocean Blend and Coast of Main seeme better that Ocean Blend and Happy Frog along with Azros and Mykos (pure mycorrhizal enhancer) when transplanting) just started to use KLM from Dyna-Grow (root stimulator) - the whole solo cup was filled with roots - excellent product

Coast of Maine has some very high quality products that I really like. Their plant food, fish bone meal, and platinum growers mix are all top of the line stuff that can grow some impressive plants. I really like their seedling mix especially and it’s not as pricey as the other stuff

Coast of Maine has some very high quality products that I really like. Their plant food, fish bone meal, and platinum growers mix are all top of the line stuff that can grow some impressive plants. I really like their seedling mix especially and it’s not as pricey as the other stuff
never seen the seedling mix - have to get some - got the large bags of Ocean Blend, Happy Frog and Coast of Main bags of soil for $15.00 a bag - bought 5 of each - BUT wish I would have gotten more - Nursery was going out of business

never seen the seedling mix - have to get some - got the large bags of Ocean Blend, Happy Frog and Coast of Main bags of soil for $15.00 a bag - bought 5 of each - BUT wish I would have gotten more - Nursery was going out of business

I’m still so salty about my grow shop closing but not saying a word about it to me. I was in there one week before they closed and they had shelves full of stuff but weren’t offering discounts and didn’t tell anyone. They made a Facebook post two days before they closed shop that they were having a sale but I don’t use Facebook so I never saw it. I would’ve bought every CoM product they had if I would’ve known.

I have a feeling it’s going to be because they had two other stores somewhere far away. They probably just shipped their remnants to the other locations.

The seedling mix is called Sprout Island here’s a shot of the bag
IMG_7489.jpeg

There we go, was looking for a specific quote to be witty with 😂:

“The measure of a man is not how much he has, but how much he gives”

To me that means the grow is already successful 🤣

Then there’s this one:

“The true measure of a man is not found solely in his successes, but in his ability to lift others up“

And another one:

“A man's true legacy is not in the monuments he leaves behind, but in the lives he has touched”

🤣🤣🤣🤣 There’s an endless amount of these corny quotes that I’ve never heard before
Yeah, blah, blah, blah.

It's still defined by HARVEST.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

It's not the size of the harvest, it's how you use it. Right??!!🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom