Lady Cannafan's Seedsman Comparative Grow Banana Jealousy ViparSpectra KS5000

I will do that with tomorrows' feeding. Just that plant though. Thanks!
Sorry was kinda in-between some stuff and came out short. Ladies do look fabulous šŸ˜ I've always loved the praying look and mine always prayed but this was always followed by necrosis later on. Leaf praying could be there way of reducing light surface area from stress.

Sorry was kinda in-between some stuff and came out short. Ladies do look fabulous šŸ˜ I've always loved the praying look and mine always prayed but this was always followed by necrosis later on. Leaf praying could be there way of reducing light surface area from stress.
You read my mind. I moved the light up a few inches in that corner of the grow. I mean, even if it's not a problem...they are in the way of my flowers! LOL

You read my mind. I moved the light up a few inches in that corner of the grow. I mean, even if it's not a problem...they are in the way of my flowers! LOL
I turned my lights all the way down to 600ppfd but they still prayed. My thoughts are reducing the light is counter productive. If the extra calcium can aid photosynthesis then this is our objective. But just my thoughts, a few things I'd like to run comparisons on when I get the time.
happy weekend :yahoo:

I have one plant that is doing the praying leaves thing. I've never had one do this, but I've never had LED lights like these ViparSpectra KS5000's either. They ROCK>
Anyway, I think this means the plant is healthy as can be, and getting a great amount of light. Is this correct? Or is there a problem that I am unaware of?

I thought mine were praying hard but, nowhere near as extreme as yours.

IMG_3474.jpeg

I have one plant that is doing the praying leaves thing. I've never had one do this, but I've never had LED lights like these ViparSpectra KS5000's either. They ROCK>
Anyway, I think this means the plant is healthy as can be, and getting a great amount of light. Is this correct? Or is there a problem that I am unaware of?

They're growing šŸ©· that's part of the cannabis šŸ©° ballet. It's slow AF and beautiful to watch. That's a good praying šŸ™šŸ»

I turned my lights all the way down to 600ppfd but they still prayed. My thoughts are reducing the light is counter productive. If the extra calcium can aid photosynthesis then this is our objective. But just my thoughts, a few things I'd like to run comparisons on when I get the time.
happy weekend :yahoo:
Lights are finally on, and this girl calmed her azz down during the night. The leaves are at a normal angle.
Now, let's see when I get back home tonight if they went back to praying with the lights on all day.

Lights are finally on, and this girl calmed her azz down during the night. The leaves are at a normal angle.
Now, let's see when I get back home tonight if they went back to praying with the lights on all day.
Seems like the new growth leaves on mine do that as well. My lights just came on too.. gonna go see what they have in store for me today. And itā€™s feed day! Good morning Lady, hope you have a great day!

Good morning Lady Cannafan. Your extra praying plant reminded me of a conversation I had with @Maritimer a while back about similar things. Here's a note and it looks promising far as I can see!

"MeJA study update;
After 24 hours the foliar elicitor has already affected pistillate size and populations. As expected the turgid LWA has now jumped up to full shade avoidance mode. They call it phototropism I think. To me it is shade avoidance. LOL The treatment was applied earlier in the flowering cycle of day 30 verses 40 in attempt to capture more of the period of flower development.
Fingers are anxiously crossed. I like what I am seeing. :bongrip:
I got pics because I was excited, but I will grab better after lights out.
Tickled Pink just thinking..."

So your plant may be making crazy amounts of trichomes and is in + a state of shade avoidance? Just a thought.

Good morning Lady Cannafan. Your extra praying plant reminded me of a conversation I had with @Maritimer a while back about similar things. Here's a note and it looks promising far as I can see!

"MeJA study update;
After 24 hours the foliar elicitor has already affected pistillate size and populations. As expected the turgid LWA has now jumped up to full shade avoidance mode. They call it phototropism I think. To me it is shade avoidance. LOL The treatment was applied earlier in the flowering cycle of day 30 verses 40 in attempt to capture more of the period of flower development.
Fingers are anxiously crossed. I like what I am seeing. :bongrip:
I got pics because I was excited, but I will grab better after lights out.
Tickled Pink just thinking..."

So your plant may be making crazy amounts of trichomes and is in + a state of shade avoidance? Just a thought.
That's the first I've ever heard of shade avoidance ima check this out. Everything I've grown that prayed was definitely tirched out!
So many theories on it.

I came home for a quick bit to do some things and checked, she's still at normal angle mode on the leaves. It will be interesting to see if she gets all riled up again just before lights out. The other plants will drop their leaves a bit about an hour or so before lights out, and that is the norm. Maybe this one just wants to stretch her arms up in that bed instead of snuggling. šŸ˜‚

I came home for a quick bit and checked, she's still at normal angle mode on the leaves. It will be interesting to see if she gets all riled up again just before lights out. The other plants will drop their leaves a bit about an hour or so before lights out, and that is the norm. Maybe this one just wants to stretch her arms up in that bed instead of snuggling. šŸ˜‚
FWIW both of my Black African Magic plants did the same thing, way past normal praying :yummy:

Changing the plant height and lowering the temperature didn't do a thing...

Much rather see this than the "droop" ;)

9 Apr BAM #2 bbb.jpg

Cheers

So pretty. Do you mean the praying only lasted about a week?
Its just been a unfortunate week for many around all of us. Its like plants are watching and praying over us.

Typical praying in my garden never last. Its usually light or heat related. I actively make changes as needed.

What's different in the garden?
The only thing different is the heat in the room has gone up because we are now at 100% power on the lights and outdoor temps are close to 80 the last couple of days. The house in general is warmer so the room isn't getting any cool air during the day coming in from the adjacent rooms.

Except for yesterday, I had put a window fan in before I left in the morning to draw the hot air outside, so it stayed around 79 degrees in the grow room.

I haven't changed any nutrients or amounts, and watering continues normal with only one plant requiring a daily drink.

Back
Top Bottom