SeedsMan Banana Jealousy Comparative Grow in vGrow by LKABudMan

He may be vacationing and not respond for a bit. He has a journal about using one. @LKABudMan
Thanks GW, I was out of town for a bit and not online.
Hey LKABudMan if you wouldn't mind, I would like to tag along on this one too.
Of course, the more the merrier.
I just bought this thing (vGrow) last week based on your first threads results! It was fun to watch and learn.

I literally put the supplied coco in the supplied fabric pot, some Dynomyco in the hole, and a very light Cal-Mag solution to moisten it all up. I going to be a father. I have a newly born little lady sticking up after one week.
That's what I did on my first grow too. I later learned that I should have rinsed the coco much better, then buffered it with cal-mag. My first grow worked, but I think it would have worked better had I treated the coco properly. You could still run a couple of gallons of calmag through the coco to rinse it out well, followed by a gallon of nutrients. All at 5.8pH.
I was having a little trouble with the zippers, but it's sorted out. This is a very nice box. The magnetic doors I was worried about since you had trouble with the prototype, but they are fine on this version. I was shocked by how "quality" this thing feels. I got $60.00 off and it was here in a week.

Your posts are very informative, especially since you are doing these grows in the vGrow. Thank you!

Take care and enjoy the long weekend.
Thanks for the kind words. I really like the system and am having fun playing around with it. Tag me if you start a journal for your vGrow grow. Happy Growing.
What is this vGrow?
The vGrow is Vivosun's new smart grow box. It's about 18x18x48, and has everything built in (lights/fans/exhaust). It comes with a swick base, but there are also drip irrigation and DWC options. Check it out here.

Cool grow system a complete grow set up. 🍋
It really is. It's a great system for a beginner or someone that doesn't have a lot of space.

I have two closets, The bloom closet slightly bigger. Had to move my present blooms into my workshop.

My banana jealousy seedling really responded to Azi's JMS. Looking forward to putting them outside in a few weeks.

P.S. Mind if I invite you to my new grow?

Kiko (Seedsman Banana Jealousy)
Date: 6/6/24 - Day# 44
Medium: 5G SIP bucket w/ Coco
Nutrients: 5.5g/G MC​

I went on vacation for a week and left my son in charge. He's grown with me before and loves to do LST. Kiko had been topped and was growing quickly, so I left it to him to LST her. I told him to go nuts and LST/trim her as much as he wants. I also showed him how to feed her.

20240531_060303.jpg

When I came back he admitted that he never had a chance to do any LST or trimming. He fed her, but that's it. Oh boy!

At this point she's way too big to continue in the vGrow. Even if I topped all of the mains, the lower branches are uneven. Her nodal spacing is too big to really work with in here. I cleaned up the bottom so see what I have to work with and realized this wasn't going to work.

I decided to move her to the 4x4. So I peeled the 3G fabric pot off of her, removing a ton of roots in the process. There were roots all over the sides and bottom of the fabric pot. Then I put her in a 5G SIP bucket. She barely fit and had to be squeezed around the fill port. Then I filled the rest of the pot with coco and watered generously to make sure the coco flowed into the corners. I finished with putting the river rocks back on top.

Kiko is in the 4x4 under the VSFD6450 @ 50%. The Vivosun SGS is set on vegatative mode from an old recipe (Violet in 4x4). Now, instead of adding to the vGrow I just add to the SIP bucket. Everything else is still automated. Well, except for the LST. Looks like I need to get to work ;)

#vivosun #vGrow #lovewhatyougrow

Back
Top Bottom