Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Happy Monday, folks!

Time for an update on the current growing situation...

First up is the 62 day old Critical Kush, flipped to 12/12 yesterday evening..
She had some problems early on, I was close to declaring her a dud, then last Saturday she decided to start growing, and she hasn't slowed down since...

She's in a 4 gallon diy SIP in HP ProMix, she started out on Grow Dots, but she's now fed RxBlend- for some reason, she didn't like the Grow Dots:hmmmm:...she's actually the first- the other 5 plants loved "the Dots"...

SaugaView®:
CK-1.jpg

She's about 12 inches tall today, so she's grown 9 inches in ten days..(and she's not even stretching yet)
CK-2.jpg

She's just starting to touch all 4 walls..
I think she'll probably be a leaner and a flopper like the last one....🙂
CK-5.jpg

And on to the 2 outdoor ladies....
Critical Kush on the left, Somango on the right...the Grow Dots are working well so far out there..
1 outdoor.jpg

A view from the other direction...
Both.jpg

CK is 16" tall, Somango is 14"...they've been out there for 16 days, 10 of those days were sunny...that planter thing is also 16" tall-
I may do an outdoor SIP in that thing next season...🤔
CK2&Somango.jpg

And that's about it for today-
Thanks for looking,
I appreciate your support...❤️
..and have a wonderful week!
Looking good the outdoor ones Looking bushy

That Critical is going to be a beast!!!! Congrats!!
Thanks, Ke0ncp!
The outdoor one can get as big as she wants, but I need to try to keep the indoor one under 28"...
All look content, Carcass! I take that back, the indoor plant looks "intent."
She really does...this next 2 weeks is going to be interesting, stretch-wise.... 🤔
How often are you having to water the outside pair?
Every other day right now- I'm not sure if it's even possible to over water a plant in the sandy soil we've got here..it drains well, but it also dries out real fast...that's why I put them in FFoF, to maybe hold the moisture a bit longer...No biggie if I have to water them every day- I have to water the one in the box twice a day anyhow....
Dam that is a full tent and the outside girls are loving it. 🍋
Thanks, Keith- I've got 3 happy ladies going right now...now I just need to keep them that way...🤔
Looking good the outdoor ones Looking bushy
Thanks, con! - I think the Somango will be the shorter one, but I'm hoping they both get bushy and stay under 6 feet tall....
All 3 are looking very well Carcass!

Thanks, Stunger!-
It's been awhile since I grew one in the ground...like in your trough, they're out there through the good, the bad, and the ugly...
I'm sure the weather will be alright, but I'm not sure about the bug situation yet....so far, so good, but they've only been out there for a little over 2 weeks....

I think I will, Azi!
I just need to figure a way to put it on wheels- I have a VW engine dolly that would work great...but there's an engine on it at the moment..
@BeezLuiz made up some sweet plant movers, I'll look back in his journal for the particulars...

I think that planter is about 30 gallons, so it'll be extra heavy as a SIP....
I'll bet it grows a big ol' plant, though...👍

Hi Carcass! I've got the tutorial for the plant trolleys linked in my signature. I currently use them with 20 gallon pots, but I'm pretty sure 30 gallons would be fine with them as well. :thumb:

Sorry about being AWOL lately... life happens. By the way, your plants are looking great as usual.

I've got the tutorial for the plant trolleys linked in my signature.
Thanks so much, Beez!
I've got a little time to figure it out.

I'm going to try and not think about how this season is actually just starting...🤔

Sorry about being AWOL lately... life happens.
I know what you mean, Beez- I don't have the free time I used to have, either...and now there's also a grandson..👶
:high-five:
Funny, Keith- I finally had Mrs.C. come out and look at the outdoor girls...her comment: "kinda spindly looking"...😁

Those outdoor girls are motoring! Do you Carhook outside?
Thank You, T!-
No, outside I just let the sun work it's magic...a flat canopy outdoors would look sweet, but the wind prevents/messes up any real training and, as luck would have it, May is our windiest month..:straightface:

But, if you think about it, a bud being a foot closer to the 93million mile away Sun, isn't going to give much of an advantage outdoors- out there they all get "the good light"...☀️

I know what you mean, Beez- I don't have the free time I used to have, either...and now there's also a grandson..👶
We baby-sit our 3 yr old grandson at least once per week, and now we have an almost 1 yr old granddaughter to occasionally watch as well. Tons of fun, but I'm wiped out by the end of the day. :laughtwo:

I'm wondering if the box CK might challenge your height records with the growth it's pushing out before it even stretches! It looks terrific in there, and the "spindly" ones don't look too shabby either. ;)

I like that overturned barrel so you have someplace to sit and work on the plants!
last Saturday she decided to start growing, and she hasn't slowed down since...
It's like a car with a sticky gas pedal. Starts off you can't get it to move and then suddenly you can't get it to slow down!
I'm wiped out by the end of the day.
That's why grandparents like to stick with that once-a-week thing, yes?
:circle-of-love:

We baby-sit our 3 yr old grandson at least once per week, and now we have an almost 1 yr old granddaughter to occasionally watch as well.
Ha!- We'll have both granddaughters tomorrow...and then when Mom comes to pick up the 7 year old, (at 6 pm) she brings the baby...it goes on and on, but, honestly, I wouldn't change it for the world..:love:
I'm wondering if the box CK might challenge your height records
You and me both.!.it all depends on the stretch- I'm really wondering what that's gonna look like..
we'll know more in a week or so...
I like that overturned barrel so you have someplace to sit and work on the plants!
And it works great for that!
I actually sat it there to try and block the wind, which was laying that Critical Kush down pretty good on Sunday afternoon- it helped a little...🤏
That's why grandparents like to stick with that once-a-week thing, yes?
Ha! We don't quite have that dialed in yet...every time we get close, someone has a baby...:oops:

I actually sat it there to try and block the wind, which was laying that Critical Kush down pretty good on Sunday afternoon- it helped a little...🤏
Shades of @KeithLemon's pic of him holding an umbrella over one of his plants! 😁

Shades of @KeithLemon's pic of him holding an umbrella over one of his plants!
I've got a big ol' beach umbrella, in case this summer gets a bit hot...
My first car was a 67 bug.
My first 16 cars were VW's.! 😁 ..Justin bought my last one awhile back- a '62 ragtop that I'd driven for 30 years...We've still got Mrs.C.'s 67 Deluxe Microbus in the garage....she's been offered ridiculous amounts of money for it, but I think she'd sell me before she'd sell that thing...:oops:
Are you an ol V Dub mechanic or an enthusiast?
Both, I guess- Driving VW's for years saved us enough money to make a down payment on our first house- I've never had a car payment in my life, Mrs.C. either...
But, when you drive them all the time, things eventually need fixin', so I learned how to do just about
everything there is to do on them. The cool part is that I enjoyed working on them....
Is this my cue?
How the hell do you do that?👍
Actually, I misread what @Carcass wrote.
Not by much...
In hindsight, I should have known that Carcass would not have done that! 😁
But I'd do it now...😁
Shed how do you remember where all these pictures are at. It is my journal and I do not remember.
I know, right?:hmmmm:

My first car was a 1971 Super Beetle!

Me and a buddy tricked it out. Put in a racing cam, a racing clutch and a header.

We had that puppy hooked up so you could burn rubber in all four gears!

What a blast. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom