Lady Cannafan's Seedsman Comparative Grow Banana Jealousy ViparSpectra KS5000

Yeah, that could have been bad.
That timer is rated for up to 14 amp. If your surge and breaker are over that it will burn out like a fuse.
Make sure your receptacls/timers are higher or equivalent to surge. And surge is no higher then breaker panel so it doesn't kick that.
You can upgrade your wall receptacles to 20 amp just to be safe also, most receptacles are only 15 amp receptacles on 15 amp breakers although the breakers could be 20 and 15 amp receptacles. You can also upgrade the breakers to 20 amp allowing you to draw up to 20 amps. I wouldn't go higher then that without upgrading the wiring but all you would need to do it is a screwdriver and a set of pliers.

NO NO NO! you can not use a 20 amp breaker in place of a 15. The wires are not rated for that and can catch fire, negate the insurance or worse!

NO NO NO! you can not use a 20 amp breaker in place of a 15. The wires are not rated for that and can catch fire, negate the insurance or worse!
Thanks!
No worries, I'm not replacing any breakers or doing any rewiring of any kind.
I have previously learned about those breakers etc. while experiencing electrical problems last year, my electrician taught me a lot! Didn't cost me a thing, we bartered. I've replaced breakers here, always with the proper amps.
I'm just going to upgrade the timer or do as @Olddog Newtrick does.

Better safe than sorry with the timer failure! I'm glad everything is a.o.k.

I can trust old school manual timers, more then modern versions. I keep a couple around anticipating One failing one day. I'm glad you have your eyes open and head on a swivel!

Not many people would have noticed that before it happen. I like to touch everything pretty often! 😜
We could really go places with that statement, but I am only on my first cuppa and brain is still a little slow. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The clone is planted and outside on the deck with all of the others.

This morning, the first thing on my list after lights on time was to check cords and timers for heat. Everything is great. Cords do not feel hot in any way, and the timers are only slightly warm which has been the norm even with the older manual one. I've checked several times this morning, both lights are at 100% for flowering.

I went through everything operating in the room and it's all within the parameters as far as amps and maximum wattages. I have come to the final conclusion that the timer just plain went bad.
It went into the trash yesterday.
We are good to go and I feel comfy with it all now. :thumb:

It's good to hear everything is OK I have a question when you go to flower do you have to do anything else besides having your light at 100%. Like move your light closer to the plants or further away. Also do you find you have to water more often. This will be all new to me so if my question is stupid please understand I know very little about growing in a tent. 🍋

It's good to hear everything is OK I have a question when you go to flower do you have to do anything else besides having your light at 100%. Like move your light closer to the plants or further away. Also do you find you have to water more often. This will be all new to me so if my question is stupid please understand I know very little about growing in a tent. 🍋
There are no stupid questions our friend. :)
Yes, the lights had to be dropped down. I dropped them to the viparspectra guidelines for flower stage, 13.4-ish inches from the tops. They have been about 26 inches from the tops during veg.
Yes, watering more often will happen. The plants will be very active and will get thirstier for sure.
I've been at every 4 days, now it will probably start getting closer to 3 days and later on every couple of days.

Hope that helps!

Edit: follow your light manufacturer guidelines for your size tent. I'm not growing in a tent, so it could be different for you. :)

Not sure what the codes are thete but here 12/2 with a ground is the smallest we use here to the breaker panel. It's been that way since the 50s. 12/2 with or without a ground is more then capable of supplying 20 amps. You are right though. Sometimes an electrician will use a cheaper 10/2 not only to save money but because its smaller wire used under cabinets/receptacle. or lights under cabinets and such. The power to those are usually pigtailed to 12 gauge at a switch, receptacle, or junction box, not ran to breaker. The way they figure 15 amps is 5 amps per receptacle. 3 receptacles per breaker. can add additional receptacles to larger rooms, master bedrooms and such but must upgrade the breaker. Kitchens, master bedrooms, and bathrooms should already be on 20 amp breakers. For hair dryers, toasters, microwaves, refrigerators, etc. Etc. I would check what wiring you have in your panel and to your receptacle and take it from there. Probably 12/2. 12 gauge is rated up to 20 amps.

Not sure what the codes are thete but here 12/2 with a ground is the smallest we use here to the breaker panel. It's been that way since the 50s. 12/2 with or without a ground is more then capable of supplying 20 amps. You are right though. Sometimes an electrician will use a cheaper 10/2 not only to save money but because its smaller wire used under cabinets/receptacle. or lights under cabinets and such. The power to those are usually pigtailed to 12 gauge at a switch or receptacle, not ran to breaker. The way they figure 15 amps is 5 amps per receptacle. 3 receptacles per breaker. can add additional receptacles to larger rooms, master bedrooms and such but must upgrade the breaker. Kitchens, master bedrooms, and bathrooms should already be on 20 amp breakers. For hair dryers, toasters, microwaves, refrigerators, etc. Etc. I would check what wiring you have in your panel and to your receptacle and take it from there. Probably 12/2. 12 gauge is rated up to 20 amps.
Right on! Around here your lucky to find things done to code. Unrestricted area. Lots of Billie bobs, and Uncle Frank's doing wiring with unmentionables. I found speaker wire supplying two different fans In my house when I bought it. SPEAKER WIRE!

That and they just lobbed off every ground wire. Like yep we don't need them either.

We could really go places with that statement, but I am only on my first cuppa and brain is still a little slow. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I saw that and was gonna leave it alone but, we got @JiggiLotus licking things and @OGpapa touching everything, and I’m just stumbling around my grow room like ray charles not even noticing I split a plant at some point.. what a crew… :high-five:

I saw that and was gonna leave it alone but, we got @JiggiLotus licking things and @OGpapa touching everything, and I’m just stumbling around my grow room like ray charles not even noticing I split a plant at some point.. what a crew… :high-five:
Teflon tape works really good for that. You can unwrap it easily and it stretches to form over the damaged area. Only costs 1$ at lowes or home depot. I've fixed a few that way.

Right on! Around here your lucky to find things done to code. Unrestricted area. Lots of Billie bobs, and Uncle Frank's doing wiring with unmentionables. I found speaker wire supplying two different fans In my house when I bought it. SPEAKER WIRE!

That and they just lobbed off every ground wire. Like yep we don't need them either.
I’d have been happier to see speaker wires than the doorbell wiring the idiot ran at my parents house. Yes, that’s a 110v light socket wired with low voltage doorbell wire. The second pic is a stranded wire connection held in place with the suspension wire from the drop ceiling and hvac duct. If that grounded out the whole ceiling grid and hvac system would have been hot. I mean a j box is like 2$ .. I was red faced mad when I found that. My parents had been living there for years before I found those hidden in the ceiling.

IMG_2321.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

Teflon tape works really good for that. You can unwrap it easily and it stretches to form over the damaged area. Only costs 1$ at lowes or home depot. I've fixed a few that way
Great idea! But, this looks far too old to repair.

IMG_3427.jpeg

Not sure what the codes are thete but here 12/2 with a ground is the smallest we use here to the breaker panel. It's been that way since the 50s. 12/2 with or without a ground is more then capable of supplying 20 amps. You are right though. Sometimes an electrician will use a cheaper 10/2 not only to save money but because its smaller wire used under cabinets/receptacle. or lights under cabinets and such. The power to those are usually pigtailed to 12 gauge at a switch, receptacle, or junction box, not ran to breaker. The way they figure 15 amps is 5 amps per receptacle. 3 receptacles per breaker. can add additional receptacles to larger rooms, master bedrooms and such but must upgrade the breaker. Kitchens, master bedrooms, and bathrooms should already be on 20 amp breakers. For hair dryers, toasters, microwaves, refrigerators, etc. Etc. I would check what wiring you have in your panel and to your receptacle and take it from there. Probably 12/2. 12 gauge is rated up to 20 amps.
The wiring and breaker boxes were all checked last year by a licensed electrician. Everything is original except adding for a generator, and that is fine too.
We had to fix one that the devil I was married to had replaced. He put a 20 amp breaker where a 15 was supposed to be, in the basement box.
Other than that, everything was up to code and breakers as they should be.
It was the timer that failed.

Hahahahaha like Ray Charles!!😆

Update 5-1-24

One of the outdoor girls is growing, you can see the growth from the line on the stick the day it was planted.
The other one is just about the same. Was a little concerned with that one from the start when I cut it for cloning. A bit yellowish on the leaves and the tips were brown. I'm going to give it a shot of cal/mag today and see what happens.
Temps have been in the low 50's at night and below 70 during the days, with rain. So, I'm not expecting much until it warms up.

I have one more clone from the 13th from Bonnie that has finally got some roots. Sure took her sweet time. I'm giving it another day, then into a solo cup.

The broken one from Annie appears to have a small root started, but it's only been 5 days or so. It's got a few days to go to tell for sure.

Today is feed/water day for the plants. I'm debating on the flip happening tonight. I'll chew on that today.

That is an excellent Idea with those sticks I think I'm going to do that I'm going to see how mine is growing each day. Appreciate that beautiful plants by the way

Back
Top Bottom