Lady Cannafan's Seedsman Comparative Grow Banana Jealousy ViparSpectra KS5000

We are in need of a woman.

Okay guys, how is that for an intro to a post? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Are there any of you female growers out there interested in having a fun girlz against the guyz all out grow show?

It would be all in one journal, no prizes other than bragging rights, and I believe it's going to be photo period plants only.
The plan is to have it voted on via a poll by members not in the grow contest.

We think this would be tons of fun, and having so many growers on the same journal could have a great impact for learning and seeing others' grow styles in one place.

We need at least one more female. So far it's myself and @JiggiLotus.

Details are not completely worked out yet, we are still in the idea stage.

Post a reply here if you are interested in joining the fun!

@Trala, you are one busy girl....but are you interested?

We are in need of a woman.

Okay guys, how is that for an intro to a post? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Are there any of you female growers out there interested in having a fun girlz against the guyz all out grow show?

It would be all in one journal, no prizes other than bragging rights, and I believe it's going to be photo period plants only.
The plan is to have it voted on via a poll by members not in the grow contest.

We think this would be tons of fun, and having so many growers on the same journal could have a great impact for learning and seeing others' grow styles in one place.

We need at least one more female. So far it's myself and @JiggiLotus.

Details are not completely worked out yet, we are still in the idea stage.

Post a reply here if you are interested in joining the fun!

@Trala, you are one busy girl....but are you interested?
luv it

Well, this little lady in the clay pot is doing a serious stretch for light. We need some full sun days here, not half rain/cloudy and then some sun.
The smaller one is still not doing much of anything. I'll give it time, but if it doesn't start some movement I may put a different clone in that pot that is growing. I gave it cal/mag two days ago, it may take some time to see improvement.

The rest of the clones are doing good out there so far. Should be up potting them in the next couple days.

I do not know what a supercrop is, but I will watch and learn. 🍋
Supercropping is in my short version, You "Break" the branch by using your fingers to squeeze the stem until it "gives". Some people refer to it as a "pop". Then sort of fold it down without breaking it. It has been called HST, High Stress Training.
I'm sure there are threads around that give details on this.

Supercropping is in my short version, You "Break" the branch by using your fingers to squeeze the stem until it "gives". Some people refer to it as a "pop". Then sort of fold it down without breaking it. It has been called HST, High Stress Training.
I'm sure there are threads around that give details on this.
Thanks Lady and yes there is a thread going on about super cropping now. :thanks:🍋

I am going to look it up. 🍋
I actually went out and did the deed a while ago, after OG's supporting "yes". LOL It's kind of a squeeze and roll with the finger tips. Make sure your fingernails are trimmed so you don't accidentally cut into the plant! ;-)

Low stress training (LST) would be to just bend the branch down and use something to keep it down. Here we are actually "breaking" the fibers down so the stem folds over without breaking through. It will heal itself and stay in that position but the bud will grow upward, just like LST.

Here's the pics. I'm actually getting better at this. Not for the faint of heart. No one could ever call me a chicken chit. :laughtwo:

Good Morning all.

I'm anxious to see how the supercropped girl is this morning, but I have a while to wait for daylight.
My previous attempts at this were hit and miss, usually I didn't completely get it and the stem would bounce back up after a few hours.
I have learned that I need to do it on a young stem that is still fairly soft. The more established stems get hard and it's very difficult to get them to squish and break the fibers down, and I did break one completely through.

I hope we get a full day of sunshine today, but now I'm seeing forecast of rain....again.

Okay, let's see what the debate is on this subject.

Do power strip and other indicator lights have enough lumens to affect plants during the lights off time?

I remember this coming up years ago, but cannot remember what the consensus was.

I snuck into the grow room during lights off when daylight was breaking, and stayed in there about 5 minutes to be sure it was completely dark and no light leaks anywhere. Good to go on the window and door...however that humidity unit for the mushroom tent has an indicator light that cycles red, green, and blue during operation that is quite bright in the dark. In addition to the power unit for the fan and heater inside the grow tent, that one has a bright red indicator giving the temperature etc.

I am going to cover these for a just in case kind of thing, but I am still wondering if the lumens of these things are enough to affect the plants cycle.

Back
Top Bottom