Stunger's Organic Balcony: Growing Daughters Of Mulanje: Watering Via Root Aeration Chambers

The best cobs are made when the weed is dry enough to put into jars for burping; sorry I don't know what the humidity is.
You can use weed that is just harvested if you wish, but the resulting cobs will be very dark in colour and the effects will be more spacey. The taste of dark cobs is not so pleasant as the lighter more terpy cobs. I make both but mainly the lighter coloured one's.
IMG_20230613_093704.jpg
I have one from 4 years ago and it tastes delish still! It was dryish when I rolled them. Thought I was late but I'm learning it was a good time to do it. Thanks!
Black Valium for the win!

Cheers Otter! I don't own a hygrometer to check humidity levels but in my limited experience so far in making cobs, I feel they need to have more moisture in the buds than we'd want for smoking it so if we tried to smoke any it would constantly need to be relit. So far the cobs I have made have been more at the lower end of the moisture scale for the more 'golden' appearance. 2 or 3 years ago I made cobs from a Strawberry Cough which my feeling upon testing that I'd let them dry a little too much.
What you're suggesting is what I've been reading on over at the cob thread of Tangwena's. I'll try for that. Thanks!

Hey Stunger. Haven't seen you around for awhile, I hope everything is going okay.
Thanks Joe! I'll do an update below.
This ^

Been thinking of visiting at least one of the two islands mate. Is there a better time of year to visit as a tourist?
Cheers Deeve! It should be coming into a pretty good time of the year for either island I would think with Summer around the corner. It's a tough one, there are a lot of scenic places in both, but if you really wanted mountains, lakes, hot springs and nature walks then perhaps the South Island altho the North also has some of the same but probably double the population.
yeah @Jungle Joseph thinking the same . hope alls well stunger ,🤔
Thanks Uncle!

Update - After many weeks of being AWOL

Greetings fellow 420 enthusiasts!

Sorry for being AWOL but it's been quite a shitter of a time these past couple of months.

My 86 year old mother who was on no meds, and altho frail and slight of build she was fit and in good health, even at 86 she would walk 2-4km each day. She unfortunately did her last walk knowing the weather was going to mango to strong cold winds in the afternoon, and I guess she lingered a bit too long exchanging books at the town library or in one of her favourite cafes, but when she went to walk home the weather had changed, she said for the final 500m she was walking into a cold head wind and was really struggling to move foward. A couple of days later she developed a respiratory infection, and then unfortunately had a fall, cracked her skull and then seizures, strokes, respite care and died. I really felt she had at least 5 if not 10 years left, but that one fateful choice to not call a taxi did her in, quite dreadful all things considered.

And as for me, around the same time she made her last walk, I was out in the cold wind spraying chemical cleaner on the concrete and paving, then in the afternoon water blasting it all. I was only wearing 2 light layers I could feel the wind was cold and cutting thru but I felt robust or at least I thought I was, but in the coming days I also came down with a humdinger of a chest infection. I think it would have come close to wiping me out had I been any older. The lesson is be careful as you age as it's a shitter to realise that you're not 25 anymore!

Next grow update

I have kicked off several beans for the next grow. I haven't yet made up their balcony garden bed, but intend to do that very soon as I have everything ready for it. I initially only intended on 3 plants but ended up with a 4th when it looked like the Black Valium's weren't viable.

Greenhouse Seeds: Super Lemon Haze
Humboldt Seed Company: Blueberry Cupcake
Anesia Seeds: Frozen Black Cherry
Topshelf Elite Seeds: Black Valium

I started these a month later than last year but all the same I can't help feeling concerned for the slow growth in the beginning as time is ticking on. I think that is normal but I usually start earlier and have small bushes by this stage!

The Black Valium strain really interested me for it's description, because this grow I wanted to try something that was strongly Indica to see how that compared to the Sativas that I have been growing more recently. However, the first 4 seeds all failed to sprout, then the final 5th one did sprout but as I was not expecting success I failed to check it before it's tail was maybe an inch and half long and rather scrunched up, bugger. Anyway it was been planted 3 days ago, and today I carefully scrapped away some of the top soil layer to see whether it was still alive, it seemed to be, so I left it with it's 'head' in the light, fingers crossed it will come through.

When the first 4 Black Valium seeds failed to sprout I kicked off a Frozen Black Cherry as a backup, that turned out to grow very strongly, fresh seeds?

As they look today

Anyway, I will start a new journal soon to document this grow. Thanks for dropping by and wishing you all the best!

:ganjamon:

Cheers Deeve! It should be coming into a pretty good time of the year for either island I would think with Summer around the corner. It's a tough one, there are a lot of scenic places in both, but if you really wanted mountains, lakes, hot springs and nature walks then perhaps the South Island altho the North also has some of the same but probably double the population.

Thanks Uncle!

Sorry for being AWOL but it's been quite a shitter of a time these past couple of months.

My 86 year old mother who was on no meds, and altho frail and slight of build she was fit and in good health, even at 86 she would walk 2-4km each day. She unfortunately did her last walk knowing the weather was going to mango to strong cold winds in the afternoon, and I guess she lingered a bit too long exchanging books at the town library or in one of her favourite cafes, but when she went to walk home the weather had changed, she said for the final 500m she was walking into a cold head wind and was really struggling to move foward. A couple of days later she developed a respiratory infection, and then unfortunately had a fall, cracked her skull and then seizures, strokes, respite care and died. I really felt she had at least 5 if not 10 years left, but that one fateful choice to not call a taxi did her in, quite dreadful all things considered.

And as for me, around the same time she made her last walk, I was out in the cold wind spraying chemical cleaner on the concrete and paving, then in the afternoon water blasting it all. I was only wearing 2 light layers I could feel the wind was cold and cutting thru but I felt robust or at least I thought I was, but in the coming days I also came down with a humdinger of a chest infection. I think it would have come close to wiping me out had I been any older. The lesson is be careful as you age as it's a shitter to realise that you're not 25 anymore!

Next grow update

I have kicked off several beans for the next grow. I haven't yet made up their balcony garden bed, but intend to do that very soon as I have everything ready for it. I initially only intended on 3 plants but ended up with a 4th when it looked like the Black Valium's weren't viable.

I started these a month later than last year but all the same I can't help feeling concerned for the slow growth in the beginning as time is ticking on. I think that is normal but I usually start earlier and have small bushes by this stage!

The Black Valium strain really interested me for it's description, because this grow I wanted to try something that was strongly Indica to see how that compared to the Sativas that I have been growing more recently. However, the first 4 seeds all failed to sprout, then the final 5th one did sprout but as I was not expecting success I failed to check it before it's tail was maybe an inch and half long and rather scrunched up, bugger. Anyway it was been planted 3 days ago, and today I carefully scrapped away some of the top soil layer to see whether it was still alive, it seemed to be, so I left it with it's 'head' in the light, fingers crossed it will come through.

When the first 4 Black Valium seeds failed to sprout I kicked off a Frozen Black Cherry as a backup, that turned out to grow very strongly, fresh seeds?

As they look today

Anyway, I will start a new journal soon to document this grow. Thanks for dropping by and wishing you all the best!

I’m so sorry for your loss Stunger, I’m very close with my 83 year old Mother and I can’t imagine what you went through. Wishing life treats you kindly bromigo n good luck with your grow. It’s nice 👍 to know you’re still okay and will be starting a new journal. CL🍀. :thumb: :popcorn:

Thanks Uncle!

Next grow update

As they look today

Really sorry to here about your mum mate. Sad ending to her life. 😔
Hope you and your family are doing alright.

Good luck with the upcoming grow mate.

Thanks Uncle!

Next grow update

As they look today

Condolences regarding your mom, man. That can't be easy to deal with, no matter what.

I'm truly sorry to hear about the passing of your mom Stunger.:( My heartfelt thoughts go out to both you and your family.

Sorry about your Mum Stunger. I'm glad you're okay. Chest infections are no joke, I was in hospital not too long ago with one as well. Very scary.

Black Valium eh? Sounds like a heavy hitter if the name is anything to go by. Will be interesting to see what happens.

So sorry to hear about your mother and your own health scare, but glad that you are feeling better now. Puts a lot of things into perspective. :hug:

Gone, but never forgotten.... sorry to hear of your Mom's passing, Stunger...

Oh man that was a tough read first thing in the morning, got a bit teary just reading the love for your Mum, and her passing.

Normally wouldn't get so emotional, definitely been more death and grief around the last few weeks than Ive been able to handle.

I am really sorry for your loss mate, a parents passing is often one of those deep losses. Sending a virtual hug and a reminder to look after yourself.

Its nice to see you back though. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom